Gibson Brands Forums

Gibsons PRICE DROP! (UK)

Gary Moore Tribute

As of today the price of some Gibsons have dropped in price!

SG / LP / V Melody Maker - £399

Explorer Melody Maker - £449

SG Faded - £569

LP Faded - £599

LP Junior - £599

SG 60's Special - £649

LP 60's Studio - £699

Im not sure on the others, but its welcome timing for me [thumbup]

Here are 2 UK Online retailers (Who can export)

Guitar Guitar

Andertons

(Dawsons still seems to have old prices...)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can confirm that the LP studios are currently retailing at £999 but most stores don't have much stock left, and next delivery is expected at the end of November 2011.

Does anyone know why all official U.K based Gibson retailers have dropped their prices?? Just out of curiosity.

As I've managed to pick up an Alpine white studio myself, but hate to say it, for even less then the current asking prices, though I did drive a hard bargain for it, sure the guys arm is still aching! [biggrin]

Can confirm that the LP studios are currently retailing at £999 but most stores don't have much stock left, and next delivery is expected at the end of November 2011.

Does anyone know why all official U.K based Gibson retailers have dropped their prices?? Just out of curiosity.

As I've managed to pick up an Alpine white studio myself, but hate to say it, for even less then the current asking prices, though I did drive a hard bargain for it, sure the guys arm is still aching! [biggrin]

Simple answer would probably be the "Raid" I get the impression that Gibson wanted to clear the stock of "Rosewood" guitars they had sat in warehouses before they where possibly confiscated.

At the mo their using Baked Maple & Obeche as substitutes

As of now ALL Faded LPs are sold out at Guitar Guitar!

Archived