Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Studio Silverburst??

IanMak3103

Hi guys, have been away for a while, as I was busy with work and other stuff, also was trying to fix up my computer, as it's BLOODY SLOW!!!! [cursing]

Anyway, I have heard rumors about Epiphone will be launching a Studio in Ltd Edt of Silverburst? I think I also saw on Musician's Friends' web, too!

Is this true? I know Gibson's got a Studio in Silverburst, is it highly likely for Epiphone to do the same?

Can anyone tell me?

Yes, there's an Epiphone version of the Les Paul Studio in Silverburst in the Studio Deluxe line. It looks like it's in-stock and ready to ship at Musician's Friend and Music123. I don't know if it is available at any Australian dealers, but those are the only two online stores I could find that have it.

Geez, I really hope they'll sell them in Oz!

I really wouldn't mind buying one, in fact, I want to buy one! [thumbup]

As I really loved this colour from the first time, and most of all, the studio versions would be much cheaper, and hence, worth as a collection

It is new, I think it was added to the MF site about two weeks ago, give or take a few days...

Yeah, I saw it's new on the Guitar City catalog too! Just this weekend, they're having the special.

If it's new, I think there might be a better chance for it to come to Oz!! I'm crossing my fingers and hoping... [unsure]

Geez, I really hope they'll sell them in Oz!

I really wouldn't mind buying one, in fact, I want to buy one! [thumbup]

As I really loved this colour from the first time, and most of all, the studio versions would be much cheaper, and hence, worth as a collection

Ian,

You should consider getting one shipped from the U.S.

Rob can key you in on the 'benefits' & 'how tos'

Cheers,

Ian,

You should consider getting one shipped from the U.S.

Rob can key you in on the 'benefits' & 'how tos'

Cheers,

Well, I have tried to find a few sites, and they seemed to be restricted by Epiphone and cannot ship anything to Oz, such as Musician's Friend, Guitar City, Music 123, etc...

Also, those are the only 3 US stores I've found that guitar

Already done a few weeks back.

EDIT: it's my mission to send AMI broke because of their greediness.

Haha, that's a BIG mission to accomplish, mate! Hope u'll succeed! [wink]

Gday IanMak

I have seen this online in OZ at BAVA`S MUSIC City in Sydney.

Epiphone LP Custom Siverburst

Also on on the great auction AU site as well .

LP Silverburst

Thanks for doing that, mate. However, those 2 links are the LP Silverburst CUSTOM, while we're talking abt the LP Silverburst STUDIO Deluxe. But thanks for the effort anyway.

BTW, that ebay item looks rather familiar, not sure whether that's the one was criticized for being fake? [confused]

BTW, that ebay item looks rather familiar, not sure whether that's the one was criticized for being fake? [confused]

Ian,

It's a different dude (tommyil v/s monlight10) in a different state (Victoria v/s South Autralia)... but it's worth staying vigilant!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Epiphone-Les-Paul-Custom-SILVERBURST-Used-Guitar-/320748425355?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item4aae18908b#ht_572wt_93

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-EPIPHONE-LP-CUSTOM-Ltd-silverburst-case-/190572515672?pt=AU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments&hash=item2c5f01d158

Thanks for doing that, mate. However, those 2 links are the LP Silverburst CUSTOM, while we're talking about the LP Silverburst STUDIO Deluxe. But thanks for the effort anyway.

Sorry mate - I should have read the thread properly!

Hope you get your hands on one

I remember why this IS familiar! Coz I had a look at this as well, while I was searching last time! After I was convinced the other one was 99% fake, I saw this was quite similarly fake, too! [thumbdn]

That's why it rings the bell!

At $349.00 the Studio Deluxe is definitely worth the investment.

I bought my Studio back in 2008, and still have it, and at that time

there was NO "Deluxe" version available, with the Fretboard Inlays or

Tulip Tuners. I spent $349.00 back then for a more "plain jane" version.

I ended up upgrading the D-Tip Factory Grovers to Gibson Tulips, and

though I LOVE my Studio, I still look at the fretboard and wish it had

Inlays.

I've been researching doing your own inlays. To pull it off will require

additional investment in TOOLS, Materials, and time.

Or, one could just buy a DELUXE STUDIO nowdays. Can't help it - A LP should

have fretboard inlays!!!! [crying] But, I STILL think I have a sweet-looking

Git. [biggrin]

100_0479.jpg

Hmm, thanks for the gas attack AF, I do agree the trap. inlays would be nice...

Epi should discontinue their current studio, and have the Worn Studio Deluxe in it's place, with the same colours as the current Studio, then add a Vintage Sunburst to the normal (current) Deluxe...

Imo...

An LP Standard Deluxe (with mini HBs) would be nice too...

At $349.00 the Studio Deluxe is definitely worth the investment.

I bought my Studio back in 2008, and still have it, and at that time

there was NO "Deluxe" version available, with the Fretboard Inlays or

Tulip Tuners. I spent $349.00 back then for a more "plain jane" version.

I ended up upgrading the D-Tip Factory Grovers to Gibson Tulips, and

though I LOVE my Studio, I still look at the fretboard and wish it had

Inlays.

I've been researching doing your own inlays. To pull it off will require

additional investment in TOOLS, Materials, and time.

Or, one could just buy a DELUXE STUDIO nowdays. Can't help it - A LP should

have fretboard inlays!!!! [crying] But, I STILL think I have a sweet-looking

Git. [biggrin]

I have to say I GASSED over the Epiphone version when they had one in Liverpool

So I bought this version [biggrin]

SDC11662.jpg

at £600! (Same price as an Epi Tribute Plus)

The recent price drop certainly helped...

Have been busy for the last few days, but finally can find time 2 update.

I've asked one of my local store a couple of days ago, to give AMI a ring & confirm whether this guitar will be introduced in Oz. [-o<

I've tried to contact AMI myself, but no reply at all! Apparently, according to the sales guy at the shop, they won't reply to anyone if there not from a store or gibby's franchise, how rude!! [cursing]

Anyway, will drop by the store after work tmr, so hopefully will have some more news to update!

So I don't get any credit for mentioning this exact guitar in the first reply of the thread? ;)

I will put your name on there as well. Sorry about that. If you would have posted a link you would have gotten all of the credit for it. For some reason I thought you were talking about the SG silverbust. Not sure why. Maybe because the OP didnt specify and I had just gotten done editing the SG page. If you read my fist post in the thread you will see that I was a little confused about which guitar was being asked about.

Sorry it took so long to respond. We didnt have power from Saturday night until Tuesday evening and the internet just came back on at work today. Its a mess around here. I've never seen so many trees through peoples' roofs in my life. Let me tell you, theres nothing like standing outside in your bare feet when a transformer in the neighbor's back yard blows and at the same time a ground line to the electric pole snapped next to my house about ten feet from me. [unsure] Crazy stuff.

Archived