Gibson Brands Forums

Its Back! Hand Wired Vox v846 Wah

bluesguitar65

only one recorded is in my youtube vid which you may of already seen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PJDnekFYCI

i'll try and get a clean demo up later.

Dammit, STEVE, you can be a pretty good guitar player sometimes.

I see you are using backing tracks, and you seem to usually be playing these like doing a cover of the song all the way through. Why don't you just improvise and solo all the way though the song?

Dammit, STEVE, you can be a pretty good guitar player sometimes.

I see you are using backing tracks, and you seem to usually be playing these like doing a cover of the song all the way through. Why don't you just improvise and solo all the way though the song?

I usualy would but kept the youtube vids original for originals sake...if ya get what i mean?

I usualy would but kept the youtube vids original for originals sake...if ya get what i mean?

No..I don't get it.

Why would someone care if it is original? It seems more a demonstration that you have the ability to play a tune the way it was recorded. That is cool that you can, but where is the entertainment value?

When I listen to that (and others you have made) I get about 30 seconds of bliss when you play the lead. They really are quite good. How does it change the song from "original" if you do not play the lead for most of the song?

No..I don't get it.

Why would someone care if it is original? It seems more a demonstration that you have the ability to play a tune the way it was recorded. That is cool that you can, but where is the entertainment value?

When I listen to that (and others you have made) I get about 30 seconds of bliss when you play the lead. They really are quite good. How does it change the song from "original" if you do not play the lead for most of the song?

Sorry you only like 30 secs of my vids, cant please everyone all the time i guess...;)

• 5 months later...

Every original Italian Vox wah I've ever seen gutshots of was made on a PCB.

But this is cool. I dig turret board. I'm not convinced there's really any noticeable deference in sound though and I definitely wouldn't pay much more for one of these especially if it's made in vietnam.

I was in my local music store-Reid Music,Mt Pearl,NL,Canada the other day and they had that pedal there for $199,it had just come in and they hadn`t had time to try it out.My guess is that they have probably voiced it to sound Clyde McCoy model.The wah model on the Vox VC 12 Foot Controller sounds much like my old `66-`67 Clyde and they`ve been trying to recreate that sound in a pedal for years,since an original Clyde will put you out $900-$1000.I paid $40 for mine in 1969.

I was in my local music store-Reid Music,Mt Pearl,NL,Canada the other day and they had that pedal there for $199,it had just come in and they hadn`t had time to try it out.My guess is that they have probably voiced it to sound Clyde McCoy model.The wah model on the Vox VC 12 Foot Controller sounds much like my old `66-`67 Clyde and they`ve been trying to recreate that sound in a pedal for years,since an original Clyde will put you out $900-$1000.I paid $40 for mine in 1969.

$40 back in 1969 was pretty expensive. A Clyde back then was like any other wah pedal, like what a standard dunlop wah pedal is today and you can get a new standard dunlop wah for about $60 and back in the 80s you can get them for $49 new.

A friend has a Tremonti wah and it never did anything for me. The thing I don't like about Morleys (besides the bass-treble no mid thing) is that you can't leave them in a fixed position like most other wahs. Anywhoo this looks a bit pricey. I've been joensing for a Dunlop CAE MC-404 wah. You can choose between a red fasel and a yellow fasel (Cantrell to Hendrix) and its got a built-in MC-401 boost so I can make it even naughtier and wider! Oh crap now I have a wah on and a wahgasm. HAHAHAHAHA.

A friend has a Tremonti wah and it never did anything for me. The thing I don't like about Morleys (besides the bass-treble no mid thing) is that you can't leave them in a fixed position like most other wahs. Anywhoo this looks a bit pricey. I've been joensing for a Dunlop CAE MC-404 wah. You can choose between a red fasel and a yellow fasel (Cantrell to Hendrix) and its got a built-in MC-401 boost so I can make it even naughtier and wider! Oh crap now I have a wah on and a wahgasm. HAHAHAHAHA.

Speaking of fasel inductors, Dunlop is now putting in "fasel" inductors on all their standard $60 wahs. Its a red fasel.

@ Bluesguitar back then the Vox cost considerably more than the Jen Crybaby-Dunlop had nothing to do with the brand back then-and that's what I paid for it used.The guy I bought it off said that he paid $75 for it,he might have been trying to rob me blind-he was blind himself,that's no joke,the guy really was blind.Anyway the pedal is worth near $1000 now so if I got ripped off originally it still has appreciated in value over 2000%.About the closest thing to the Clyde McCoy wah that I've heard lately are the Jeff Teese RMC Picture wah and the Fulltone Clyde.Both of these are are in the $200+ bracket but that still is better than paying a grand for the Real McCoy,which is where the RMC in the Teese pedals comes from.

Archived