Gibson Brands Forums

Do you think Zakk Wylde is one of the greats of guitar playing?

dem00n

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

481174.jpg

wholly crap, he looks taller in video's

[laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

After watching this Vid, I'd say...... Noooooooooooooo!

(even with the over-done Dramatic Posing - Quick, Zakk, quick!!! Stand

like a Comic Book Super Hero while you play!!!!!)

and i like to give back. so i made this for you [thumbup][biggrin][thumbup][biggrin][thumbup]

zakkmotivator.jpg

blame it on japan, he's like godzilla compared to those vertically challenged folks over there :-"

One of the Greats? How many are in that select group? 5? 10? 100?

No.

I never said he was a bad player, I just don't care for him.

+1

But even leaving personal preferences aside there are many more guitarists whose music I don't care for I would still rank higher than Z.W.

P.

I liked Satriani's the most, Zakk and Vai just sounded like their own self-indulged wank-fests. But maybe I'm missing something.

i like all three, joe is super clean, and steve was tight too, i just like expression or the nads he puts into it.

i'm not saying he's the best, but he is amongst them. what that number is in reality is opinion more or less, i hold his skill in high regard, as i do others.

Anybody can play the Star Spangled Banner.

I'm not sure I like any of them.

i can't [crying]

bah, everyone has their gifts, not everyone appreciates them. i'm not a basher towards anyone talent, heck, some think keith richards is the best, or pete townsend.

i grew up in the 80's, so i guess that explains a lot too [laugh]

i can't [crying]

bah, everyone has their gifts, not everyone appreciates them. i'm not a basher towards anyone talent, heck, some think keith richards is the best, or pete townsend.

i grew up in the 80's, so i guess that explains a lot too [laugh]

Here's my rendition, I went to simply just play it as it is but with an overdone stadium rock feel. You'll also notice it is not nearly as good as one of those three. Sorry if it sounded like I was bashing Vai and Zakk, they're both awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq2uvbIFZV0&feature=channel_video_title&noredirect=1

Everybody post yours!

Here's my rendition, I went to simply just play it as it is but with an overdone stadium rock feel. You'll also notice it is not nearly as good as one of those three. Sorry if it sounded like I was bashing Vai and Zakk, they're both awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq2uvbIFZV0&feature=channel_video_title&noredirect=1

Everybody post yours!

sounds pretty dang good to me bud, well done [thumbup]

Archived