Gibson Brands Forums

other les pauls?

slapshot

has anyone tried any of these les pauls made by other companies such as tokai,edwards.navigator,burnt act?

new or old ....

Played a Tokai LP and it wasn't bad at all to be honest.

Had the same feel as my LP, although the neck seemed a bit smaller and it was heavier but then again my Gibson has a Chromite center and being a Studio model.

If you're planning on going for a Tokai, then I don't see any reason why not from my experience.

has anyone tried any of these les pauls made by other companies such as tokai,edwards.navigator,burnt act?

new or old ....

Yes.

O.K........ Hi and Welcome.

What's your actual question?

If it's "Are any of them any good?" the answer varies depending on which brand you are meaning. They are all OK to a certain extent.

I've played dozens of non-G Les Pauls and the best has not been close to being as good as a very good Gibson, but the difference in price is also considerable.

Even searching about and trying out loads of guitars you still tend to get what you pay for.

P.

I read a lot of stuff over the past few weeks saying some models actually surpass gibson models in terms of historical accuracy ect

Go back to the "Other Les Pauls" section at MLP brah. [flapper]

Your not going to win people over to the MIJ Les Pauls on the Gibson forum. [lol]

Just sayin...

its true, most of us have Gibson for a reason

I have played a fair few "other les pauls" and whilst some of them are ok for what they are they do not compare to the real thing at all, best thing to do if your on a budget is look for a Gibson Les Paul Studio new or used

I read a lot of stuff over the past few weeks saying some models actually surpass gibson models in terms of historical accuracy ect

I'm sure there are folk over on the Tokai forum saying nothing compares well against their Tokai's just as there are folk on the Epi forum saying the same about their Epi's. This IS the internet, after all.

Your not going to win people over to the MIJ Les Pauls on the Gibson forum. [lol]

Probably not, but, of the non-Gibson LP's the best I've played was Japanese-made. An Orville plaintop '59 re-issue. It was very good indeed.

But it wasn't as good as my Gibson '59 re-issue......

Just sayin'....

P.

I recently bought a Korean designed/Chinese made LP Custom copy, and I think it is a very good guitar. I have owned several Gibson Les Pauls and still own a Gibson Les Paul Special. The Chinese copy is not at their level, but it is not as far off as the price difference seems to indicate.

mark

I've looked at the copies and I've not seen one of the Gibson quality.

I looked at the Epiphone's at 'Guitar Guitar' the other week and they were way below Gibson standard at the Traditional and above level.

But the neck is the most important thing. If any guitar is set up properly it can be great to play' Plus the fact that it says 'Gibson' on the head can make it play better. All in the mind,

But the neck is the most important thing. If any guitar is set up properly it can be great to play...

I agree 100% with this.

I have a pair of mid-'70s Japanese-made LP copies and they both play very nicely indeed. They both have lovely necks.

P.

My Gibsons are all great guitars.......

I don't know if I just happened to get "the one" Korean geet that it all came together in, or if this particular brand is just above the rest.

Bone stock, it'll hang w/my Gibsons, and sounds clear as a bell to boot......and it was $400.

GarysCam115.jpg

new or old ....

i suppose with the amount of copies and fakes i guess i sort of got a bit predujice against them ..i think the LP is such a ripped of model i guess i sort of want the real thing more because of it

i have heard all the usual stuff about tokai the japanese have been very good at copying but it is such a low thing to do is to steal someone elses ideas and work i guess it sort of puts me off ..makes me want the real thing more

plus with the amount of fakes out there i am a little over people ripping LPs off..i wont even play a copy these days..i sort of got this predujice ..i would find the money to get the real deal :mellow:

Archived