Gibson Brands Forums

AJ-500RC questions...

telepbrman

I've the very cool 12 fret Epiphone, AJ-500RC, and I noticed two serial numbers...one on the sticker and one on the neck block...both different. Also, I'm having a bit of bridge trouble, it's pulling up, so I'm wondering where you all think the nearest Epi repair center/store is: I'm in Manassas Virginia. Last item is the name, on the Epi web site, this is an AJ-500RC...but, on the sticker it reads: AJ-500RCSNS...why is that SNS on there? Thanks for the help, dy......

I've the very cool 12 fret Epiphone, AJ-500RC, and I noticed two serial numbers...one on the sticker and one on the neck block...both different. Also, I'm having a bit of bridge trouble, it's pulling up, so I'm wondering where you all think the nearest Epi repair center/store is: I'm in Manassas Virginia. Last item is the name, on the Epi web site, this is an AJ-500RC...but, on the sticker it reads: AJ-500RCSNS...why is that SNS on there? Thanks for the help, dy......

OMG, another 12-fretter-owner in metro DC???!!?!?

I am not familiar with the stores down there in The Confederacy, but the Guitar Centers are official Epi dealers and i think the one up here in Rockville has a repair dep. There are 2 GCs in NOVA, so you might start there.

A good indy luthier up here who does work for me is Drew Holland in Kensington.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with the bridge pull-up--seems to be a common complaint with these otherwise excellent guitars. I've been lucky.

'Twould be freaky if we ever crossed paths at, say, an open mic.

In my experience, the Masterbilts all have a serial number on the label that is different from the production number on the neck block; it's nothing to worry about. I have four Masterbilts (AJ-500M, AJ-500R, AJ-500RC, and DR-500M) and they are all like this. The neck block number appears to be a number used to track production internally in the factory.

I'm not sure about "SNS", but the "NS" part of that surely stands for Natural Satin, describing the finish of the top. The remaining (first) "S" may mean solid, though since all Masterbilts have solid tops, I'm not 100% certain there would be any need to call that out. You probably already know this, but the "RC" stands for Rosewood (sides and back) and Cedar (top).

Congrats on your AJ-500RC. EXCELLENT guitar.

If yours was bought new, you could call or contact Gibson customer service using the Gibson.com link at the top of the page. If in warranty, they will have you ship it to Epiphone in Tennessee for repair. If not in warranty, they will surely be able to suggest an authorized repair center.

Red 333

Archived