Gibson Brands Forums

Pelham Blue

PickyPick

I recently found out what the name of a certain shade of blue was, it was Pelham blue, but by the time i realized the color existed and i figured out what it was called, it seemed every single guitar company so far i checked has deserted that color and is no longer available on "standard" guitars. I know Gibson has a Pelham Blue SG from the custom shop but thats too steep for me. Anyway did Pelham Blue every make its way into the Epiphone G-400, with a Vibrola?

PickyPick, I posted in an earlier thread about that Pelham Blue SG in Dawsons that Supersonic linked to. It's a much, much nicer colour than in the pic. Quite chunky neck though, I didn't get on with it. Great looking guitar though.

My dealer (E.M. Shorts) has a couple of Pelham Blue Epi "Dots" in stock.

Apparently, it took awhile to get them, after the orders were placed. I

didn't even know Dot's were available, in that color.

CB

You shop with Jon and the gang? Believe it or not, I've bought more guitars through them than anyone else. Jon knows about my history. :) Tell him Heath says "hi" next time you talk to them (and that if Big-G does a PROPER reissue I'll be in touch...of course I'm also looking at those new '61 Tribute SG Specials Epi's doing. They look fab).

Coincidentally, I lucked out and found one of the rare Pelham Blue Epi SG's with Maestro, and it's the envy of many of my cohorts. Quite a stunner. :)

H

I recently found out what the name of a certain shade of blue was, it was Pelham blue, but by the time i realized the color existed and i figured out what it was called, it seemed every single guitar company so far i checked has deserted that color and is no longer available on "standard" guitars. I know Gibson has a Pelham Blue SG from the custom shop but thats too steep for me. Anyway did Pelham Blue every make its way into the Epiphone G-400, with a Vibrola?

I have the g400 you speak off. I got her at the small guitar chain here in Michigan. Marshall Music Store. They have another in the Allen park, mi store at this moment. I love this guitar. The pelham blue and all the chrome and the Maestro msp_love.gif It is definitely a keeper.

I did do a few upgrades. i put a bone nut on along with upgrading the electronics and put in some parson street humbuckers (alnico 5) from www.stewmac.com what a major improvement in sustain.

And the pups from stemac are awesome!!!!

Ive been looking hard for one but i think the journey is about to come to an end... i might as well just buy a G 400 and play with it and stuff learn to repaint, add the maestro etc... If i cant find what i seek then i shall make it then perfect it! :D

You shop with Jon and the gang? Believe it or not, I've bought more guitars through them than anyone else. Jon knows about my history. :) Tell him Heath says "hi" next time you talk to them (and that if Big-G does a PROPER reissue I'll be in touch...of course I'm also looking at those new '61 Tribute SG Specials Epi's doing. They look fab).

Coincidentally, I lucked out and found one of the rare Pelham Blue Epi SG's with Maestro, and it's the envy of many of my cohorts. Quite a stunner. :)

H

Yeah, Heath...been doing business with them, for years! A lot of guitars,

parts, and and amp or two, as well. Good folks!

CB

Archived