Gibson Brands Forums

Ah, just coz Im waiting impatienty for the arrival of my J-150

EuroAussie

Yeah, ain't it cool? Glad to hear your J150 is on the way. It's a real butt-kicker of a guitar. Big sound and so damn-easy to play for me, and likely you.. You are going to love it, my friend. Lots of really good points about a guitar like this. One of the things I really like about mine is it's size----really big guitar. And if you're me, it's great to have something to hide behind at a gig if you make an obvious mistake like forgetting the words to "Yesterday"....lol...All joking aside, these are monster guitars and they will not disappoint you. [thumbup]

Indeed, indeed. Couple interesting points Id follow up on is the comfort and playability.

As I wait I went to my local guitar shop who how a J-200 Standard and Studio. I wanted to play them for quite some time mainly just to really get the feel for them. What really made please is two things:

1) The Jumbo size is really, really comfortable to hold. More comfy than a dreadnought I would say as the depth doesnt change across the body. They also actually dont 'feel' so big when you play them. They look big from a viewers perspective but when you sit on a stool, wrap yourself around them they feel actually rather comact and very comfortable.

2) The neck - what is it about the Gibson jumbo neck profile, but I find it by far the most comfortable neck to play out pretty much any guitar I tried. It really plays like butter. Much, much easier than the thick chunky neck of my SWD. Is the neck profile different for the J-200's and co ?

Anyway, looking at another week before she makes it to this site of the pond ..impatiently.

btw: if words are forgotten luckily all i need to is give my singer the evil eye look ... ;-)

Yeah, ain't it cool? Glad to hear your J150 is on the way. It's a real butt-kicker of a guitar. Big sound and so damn-easy to play for me, and likely you.. You are going to love it, my friend. Lots of really good points about a guitar like this. One of the things I really like about mine is it's size----really big guitar. And if you're me, it's great to have something to hide behind at a gig if you make an obvious mistake like forgetting the words to "Yesterday"....lol...All joking aside, these are monster guitars and they will not disappoint you. [thumbup]

Yes, I also find the big guitars very comfortable. For some folks, the dreads and jumbos, super-jumbos feel just perfect to hold and play. Others think the smaller guitars feel more natural. We're all different. I just think the Gibson jumbos and super jumbos are really stunning guitars in both looks and sound. The sound is obvious as soon as you hear them, and once you see them you can't keep from looking. And we are in total agreement on the Gibson necks. I find all of them very comfortable to play on. I'm the same way with most Martin necks. Enjoy!

Archived