Gibson Brands Forums

I sold my Gibson !!!

swleary

I sold my 2009 LP Traditional because I couldn't bond with it and it was too heavy on my shoulder. Went out looking at guitars today with the girlfriend. Tried a LP faded, SG faded, Ibanez S series and an SG standard. The only one I loved was the SG standard. Fell in love with it as soon as it was in my hands. Light,sounded awesome,played amazing and according to the girlfriend, I had a huge smile on my face while playing it.

I think the SG standard will be mine soon..oh yes it shall be mine lol

I only miss the Traditional a tiny bit. That speaks volumes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SG rocks! [thumbup]

If you have the opportunity try the 61, it is different from the STD, the sound (more vintage, pickups are 57) and even the feel (neck junction is at the 20th fret against the 17th fret for the std)

I know I should have brought her home with me. I'm a little confused though, pictures of the guitar or me in a school boy out fit. You guys need to help me clear this up lol

Post pictures of the guitar on here, pictures of you in a school boy outfit with a lollipop go in Steve's PM box...

(Sort of) Yes. Great color, but there are others.

Love SGs & own two. My only gripe with the Standard is the pickups. Not a fan of the 49x series. Yuck.

Sell both pickups on craigslist for 100. buy two 57 classics for 200. out of pocket cost? 100, not a bad deal. pickups are easy.

Pelham Blue is the only color to get unless you're lame...

Oh, and for the record - Pelham Blue is the only way to go. [biggrin]

This is why we're friends

Sell both pickups on craigslist for 100. buy two 57 classics for 200. out of pocket cost? 100, not a bad deal. pickups are easy.

+1 for the 57

Cough.

My SG is cherry and I think we can all agree that I'm ******* awesome and you're all squares/whore.

Swearly.. You should go pick up that particular SG asap because I've only played one current production standard that I liked and that's my SG. They're all pretty different feeling IMO.

Archived