Gibson Brands Forums

J200 vs Western Classic 200 dimensions

jannusguy2

Right you are. No dimensional diffrence but lots of cosmetic changes from the standard 200, or any other 200 for that matter. I sure miss mine.......it was a fine instrument.

Hi Buc, yes they are amazing guitars. I was looking into this as I had purchased an old used J200 case that I intended to strip and have tricked out as a full on cowboy case. Tooled leather exterior and cow hide interior. Turns out the seller was less than accurate about the case being a J200 case in spite of it having been listed on ebay as a "vintage gibson J200 case". I discovered that when it got to my house and my classic wouldn't fit. Lucky for me he lives nearby and will make good on a refund or so he says. I was all set to buy my cowboy hat, too! Dag nab it!

anyone looking in on this thread have an opinion as to whether or not real vs artificial cow or horse hide would be more friendly to the nitro finish on my guitar? i'm not certain what my options are going to be until i arrive at the leather crafter's business with the case. maybe someone here has some experience in this field?

Archived