Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
bluesguitar65

What Music Genre would this fall under?

Kind of envious man, how you can just pick up a bass and start laying down tracks...and good ones at that...Really impressive dude. [thumbup]

Thanks man!! I guess I'm really a bass player trying to play the guitar? [tongue] But seriously, I see the bass as a guitar with only four strings from E, A, D, G so I can just transpose or transfer the chords and scales to the bass. Thats how I got famiiar with the Bass fingerboard.

Quite nice. That sounds a lot like some of the psychdelic blues influenced jams in the late 60's. It was considered rock then so I suppose it still is. Janis Joplin's first band, Big Brother... had a sound like that. Hendrix was taking rock that way.

If you wanted you could name your own genre but I think "rock" should be part of the name.

Quite nice. That sounds a lot like some of the psychdelic blues influenced jams in the late 60's. It was considered rock then so I suppose it still is. Janis Joplin's first band, Big Brother... had a sound like that. Hendrix was taking rock that way.

If you wanted you could name your own genre but I think "rock" should be part of the name.

Thanks grampa!! A friend of mine said after listening to this, he had an urge to smoke a "doobie" [biggrin] and I'm a big fan of Hendrix and the 60s, 70s hard rock. So I guess, it may just fall into the psychedelic genre. Perhaps, I should call it "new age psychedelic blues rock"?

Great job on your bass playing. I think Rock would have to describe you. That would make a good movie soundtrack.

Thanks! I was quite surprised that the bass part sounded pretty good considering I've only started playing bass when I purchased my first bass last week!