Gibson Brands Forums

"If This is Goodbye"

AnneS

Very Nice! I am not the biggest of Emmylou fans, but a big fan of Mark Knoppler. Amazingly enuff, their voices in harmony, sound very sweet. And as you say...."a fitting tribute" to 9-11... [thumbup]

I as well, like a relaxed guitar virtuoso. His Les Paul looks a lot like mine. I only wish that I could play it that suave'.... :unsure:

Very Nice! I am not the biggest of Emmylou fans, but a big fan of Mark Knoppler. Amazingly enuff, their voices in harmony, sound very sweet. And as you say...."a fitting tribute" to 9-11... [thumbup]

I as well, like a relaxed guitar virtuoso. His Les Paul looks a lot like mine. I only wish that I could play it that suave'.... :unsure:

This song is on "All the Road Running," one of the very best collaborations that's ever been, imho.

And here is Mark going solo (with "the '58 and without the cut-off lead in the other vid), which begins with him talking about writing the song after reading of the messages sent by those in the towers to their loved ones. Truly poignant, which e'er version...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tyhlgfzPH0

Archived