Gibson Brands Forums

£3000 for this?...no thanks.

S t e v e

Given the option, I would rather have a guitar that looks pleasing to the eye than not of course! But it is a musical

Instrument at the end of the day and to me it's priority is to make sound - and feel good to play! I don't care what an instrument looks like.

Matt

But SHIRLEY not as ugly as the Parker Fly Deluxe!?!?

For me, I look at the body and go URGH F*uck me that's sh!t, but, hmmm maybe in a certain light, you could get away with... then my eye drifts up to the head stock and F*CUKING nO! my god NOOOO!

It's like the reveal shot in Don't Look Now with the dwarf in the red raincoat (if you've not seen the film that's a poor reference - I'm sorry)

Flydlx-full1.jpg

Given the option, I would rather have a guitar that looks pleasing to the eye than not of course! But it is a musical

Instrument at the end of the day and to me it's priority is to make sound - and feel good to play! I don't care what an instrument looks like.

Matt

This is the internet dude, If you want to make sense try somewhere else.

That guitar looks like it is meant for working musicians. When you actually have the money and are spending your time playing, (not me though) you would be surprised how easy it is to spend 3k on an axe ready to go.

And if you spend 3k, you got to consider WHO the guitar is made for. You could get any color you want.

I think if I were playing and buying, I would take a serious interest in that. It looks to me like it has a Jazzmaster/Jaguar shape, and those have always felt great.

For me, I look at the body and go URGH F*uck me that's sh!t, but, hmmm maybe in a certain light, you could get away with... then my eye drifts up to the head stock and F*CUKING nO! my god NOOOO!

It's like the reveal shot in Don't Look Now with the dwarf in the red raincoat (if you've not seen the film that's a poor reference - I'm sorry)

Flydlx-full1.jpg

as matt said, jus cause it's ugly don't mean it don't play good [biggrin]

Oh come on, that ship must have sailed long ago :)

I love guitars forums, to hell with how an instrument sounds and plays; how cool it looks is the main concern LMAO!

Matt

so if a bird had a nice personality but was dog ugly you would still play with her?...good for you but not for me...

i choose a guitar like a woman...looks first then if they shag well and have a great personality then it's a bonus [biggrin]

Flydlx-full1.jpg

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

What the Føck kind of drugs was that designer on!!

I`d sure would try them!!!

Inzane!!

i choose a guitar like a woman...looks first then if they shag well and have a great personality then it's a bonus [biggrin]

You're so handsome I am imagine, as like attracts like, and any woman under your spell must be very attractive indeed - the passionate sex must just be a cherry on the cake to this highly charged union [flapper]

Matt

so if a bird had a nice personality but was dog ugly you would still play with her?...good for you but not for me...

You're so handsome I am imagine like attracts like - the passionate sex must just be a cherry on the cake [flapper]

Matt

For some of us (definitely me) regardless of which guitar I play I am still ugly.

But, no amount of looks will make up for not playing well. It comes down to how well I play as far as any music being worthwhile.

For some of us (definitely me) regardless of which guitar I play I am still ugly.

But, no amount of looks will make up for not playing well. It comes down to how well I play as far as any music being worthwhile.

I felt my reference to Steve and the serial killer Rose West was too much, so I edited it out LOL. Steve I love and adore you my shiny headed troll of the forums [biggrin]

Matt

Archived