Gibson Brands Forums

New song..

AnneS

I have a close friend who is losing her father, maybe even as we speak, and our conversations, along with this week's sad rememberances, seem to have gotten a-holt of me. :-({|=

But where would any us of be without our lovely guitars, to sit with us and help make sense of things, right??

So here's a little something to try, if you don't mind landing on a sad song for a couple of minutes....

Dying Day

Thanks, all-

Wow, you definitely captured head on the inevitable part of life that we all will face one day, but hope to put off as long as possible, even to the point of capturing the reason why we hope to put it off (due to parting with our loved ones). Great piece of art-you caught in the song a reflection, a part of life. Though, it is a very sad one.

QM aka Jazzman Jeff

Nicely done, nicely written, Anne. Don't worry about any "hiss." The words overwhelm everything else. Real solemn guitar too. I like songs that are "real," and this is one of them. Sadly, the real stuff, while often easy to write, can be difficult to listen to because of our emotions. You write from a very personal and intimate place. When you've got that place it's difficult to write from some place else, because your heart dwells in "that" place. I find most of your songs to be of a bittersweet tone. Even Patty's Song, and that one is more upbeat than others...lol... You're not a Rock & Roller. You are a folksinger, and a good one. You write about folks and it doesn't get anymore real than that. I find your songs and similar ones far more appealing than much of what we have heard on the radio for the last thirty years or so......Back to the word "real": you write what is realistic to you. In life, even sad things can bring a bittersweet smile to our faces, and happy things can bring a tear to our eye. This is all reflected in the lyrics of your songs and the guitar arrangement you use and your presentation of the song. You kind of remind me of Johnny Cash on his last albums: Very, very real.....Good job, kid.

Nicely done, nicely written, Anne. Don't worry about any "hiss." The words overwhelm everything else. Real solemn guitar too. I like songs that are "real," and this is one of them. Sadly, the real stuff, while often easy to write, can be difficult to listen to because of our emotions. You write from a very personal and intimate place. When you've got that place it's difficult to write from some place else, because your heart dwells in "that" place. I find most of your songs to be of a bittersweet tone. Even Patty's Song, and that one is more upbeat than others...lol... You're not a Rock & Roller. You are a folksinger, and a good one. You write about folks and it doesn't get anymore real than that. I find your songs and similar ones far more appealing than much of what we have heard on the radio for the last thirty years or so......Back to the word "real": you write what is realistic to you. In life, even sad things can bring a bittersweet smile to our faces, and happy things can bring a tear to our eye. This is all reflected in the lyrics of your songs and the guitar arrangement you use and your presentation of the song. You kind of remind me of Johnny Cash on his last albums: Very, very real.....Good job, kid.

Looks like the lyrics, or the basic idea for another folk song right there ! When will you add some sweet acoustic tones to it?

[thumbup]

Archived