Gibson Brands Forums

Newbie with a new SG

onecent

Just got my new SG from MF. I have seen a lot of post in reference the "bright red color". Mine is a deep cherry color. It was built in 2010. Mine is not faded, but the gloss level doesn't seem like others I have seen. BTW, it's the standard model.

Oh, I will get my LP Traditional later this week.

SG, LP, and a new Carvin V3M stack in one week...Holy Cow !!!

Onecent

Just got my new SG from MF. I have seen a lot of post in reference the "bright red color". Mine is a deep cherry color. It was built in 2010. Mine is not faded, but the gloss level doesn't seem like others I have seen. BTW, it's the standard model.

Oh, I will get my LP Traditional later this week.

SG, LP, and a new Carvin V3M stack in one week...Holy Cow !!!

Onecent

Onecent, congratulations on your new (2010) Gibson SG Standard. I have a 2011 SG Standard and like yours mine is a deep cherry color and not bright red, like

some are. I hope you like your SG as much as I like mine. Currently I have it in the shop because a piece of the nut chipped where the high "e" (first string)

goes across and it's causing my "e" string to slip off the fretboard sometime. My guitar tech advised me that it's easily fixable. I can't wait to get it back.

It also sounds like your doing up yourself a nice setup adding an LP Traditional and a Carvin V3M Stack into your arsenal. Holy Cow is right! Well, enjoy

them all my friend...Paul

Thanks for all the kind post. I would post a picture, but I only have an iPod...No computer. I like this guitar so much, I am going to sell my new ESP Viper (not LTD) and ESP Case for cheap money and get the ebony model. I'm about six hundred short...

Then my collection will be complete.

Thanks again...

Archived