Gibson Brands Forums

HELP GIBSON MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

bluesguitar65

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So when Henry and Co. need the loyal customer they do this?

Do you guys really think you should support such a company?

Just asking.

Absolutely "YES". This is why I posted this thread. The moment I received this email, I thought I should share it and hopefully get some support for Gibson.

It is important to remember the justice system DOES assume innocence till proven guilty ...and to this point there has been nothing done as far as being proven guilty. there has been harassment and compromised fourth amendment issues by excessive force during the armed raids

Well, the justice system does, but the Justice Department and the public at large usually don't.

Signed it.

Just asking.

dont see it that way ..it is not being loyal customer..what happened was wrong i am musician i have loved les pauls all my life this is doing something to help preserve something i value.. plus to me the way it has been handled stinks..nothing to do with being a 'loyal customer' bro..just love the guitars want to help them in their hour of need

Well, the justice system does, but the Justice Department and the public at large usually don't.

Signed it.

yes unfortunately this is part of what concerns me is the erosion of legal rights in the justice system and an increasing dictatorial attitude from these systems..it is a concerning trend we should speak up and assert our rights where possible..

this has been the type of reaction from a police state ..there have been no charges, excessive force, vindictive unprofessional attitude and all with no evidence of anything being done wrong..it is perverse and has much deeper ramifications than the gibson raid ..what if this happened to you or me? the erosion of our civil and legal rights are happening apparently..this should be stopped and not tolerated

Sorry gang I believe there is truth to this event. Either knowingly or not I believe that the buyers at Gibson did purchase woods that are considered illegal. They did it a few years ago and claimed they did not know it was rare and endangered ebony. While its easy to say the Gvt or Big Brother is after me; there has to be proof and so far there is only one side of this story. I believe in Karma and this appears to be a pay back after years of forcing small mom and pops to pay their fees for guitars that just sat there. Also for all the flag wavers Henry has ya fooled, yeah its a American Company that imports all its parts for these guitars.

The only thing that was questionable about that scene was weapons drawn at Gibson; the rest is to be decided once the other side of the story is released. I personally believe that Gibson knowingly broke the law and Henry is doing his best to make every penny possible out of what will turn out to be a media nightmare once the dust settles and they are proven wrong in this situation.

You believe. Say "Hallelujah!" Okay what is your belief in Gibson's guilt based on? What source of truth do you have that we don't? If the ebony (2009) was illegal where is the Indictment? And the 2011 fretboard raid is based on Indian law... That India says doesn't apply. Raw materials are often imported into countries that don't possess those resources. Sorry, sounds like you just don't like Gibson's business methods and are happy they are getting theirs. Remember your invocation of Karma when your ox gets gored or confiscated.

Just asking.

Yes, are you throwing a stone? meaning you think your guitars Gibson or other brands comply with the Lacey Act? if so how do you know?

If they are going to enforce the law make it across the board, that's all we are asking. As guitar players and consumers we need to know how to be in compliance and we cannot get there with mixed and unclear messages from our Government.

Just asking.

Reasonable question....

They've always had my loyalty and support, and I think most of our pocket books speak for that.

If Henry wants to ask for some help, I'm good with it..... We all need a little help at some point in our lives, even a person in Henry's position (Gibson CEO).....

To me it shows character that a person in that position would ask his customer base for moral support..... My loyalty volume knob with Gibson just went from 10 to 11 [thumbup] ..... And nothing will ever change that. [cool]

Sorry gang I believe there is truth to this event. Either knowingly or not I believe that the buyers at Gibson did purchase woods that are considered illegal. They did it a few years ago and claimed they did not know it was rare and endangered ebony. While its easy to say the Gvt or Big Brother is after me; there has to be proof and so far there is only one side of this story. I believe in Karma and this appears to be a pay back after years of forcing small mom and pops to pay their fees for guitars that just sat there. Also for all the flag wavers Henry has ya fooled, yeah its a American Company that imports all its parts for these guitars.

The only thing that was questionable about that scene was weapons drawn at Gibson; the rest is to be decided once the other side of the story is released. I personally believe that Gibson knowingly broke the law and Henry is doing his best to make every penny possible out of what will turn out to be a media nightmare once the dust settles and they are proven wrong in this situation.

Can I assume (or hope) you didn't feel this way when you used to moderate the Gibson forums????? [confused]

Or can I assume the feelings you currently have about Gibsons so-called deception of its customer base, was brought on by you being relieved as moderator of the Gibson forums????? Maybe you're bitter???

IF Gibson is guilty...why have no charges been filed, from the 2009 raid? Why

were they allowed, to go on using "illegal wood," for another 2 years???!!

We don't have the Government's side of this story, so we're all speculating,

at this point. But, it's curious, that Gibson is the only guitar manufacturer,

that is under investigation (that we know of, at this point, at least), and

has had their factories raided, at gun point. After all, all guitar makers use

the kinds of wood which are in question. So...??? Do all other manufactures get

their woods, from a different "legal" source???

We certainly do live in "interesting times!" ;>b

CB

IF Gibson is guilty...why have no charges been filed, from the 2009 raid? Why

were they allowed, to go on using "illegal wood," for another 2 years???!!

We don't have the Government's side of this story, so we're all speculating,

at this point. But, it's curious, that Gibson is the only guitar manufacturer,

that is under investigation (that we know of, at this point, at least), and

has had their factories raided, at gun point. After all, all guitar makers use

the kinds of wood which are in question. So...??? Do all other manufactures get

their woods, from a different "legal" source???

We certainly do live in "interesting times!" ;>b

CB

Great valid point CB. Completely agree. [thumbup]

One thing i dont understand is if someone likes using a gibson guitar likes using this forum why would they have a problem with those of us who feel strongly about wanting to support them in a time when they need it.? there are obvious problems with the handling of the situation and people who love their instruments would want to protect what has been valuable to them..why would any one have a problem with that?

i use gibson but i also use other brands of guitar and instruments it is not just a company support it is about support of GUITAR..

these are iconic instruments used by music legends and my favorite bands and a cloud has passed over them so i think it is the decent thing to do to support them i dont want to see them get hurt by this..to me it is about supporting and preserving guitar and as musicians we should be doing this

also i see many things i disagree with but i stay silent as i respect that persons right to say that..this thread was setup for those that wish to support gibson..ok fair enough some may disagree with that but why impose that on people who feel they want to lend a hand..that is trolling ..

the bottom line to those people who are negative about this what happened if there was no more les pauls or arch tops or sgs? how does that sit with you? you enjoy their guitars you like this forum so why not help us or at least respect those that want to helps decision to do so

remember innocent till proven guilty and nothing has been proven..

If Henry wants to ask for some help, I'm good with it..... We all need a little help at some point in our lives, even a person in Henry's position (Gibson CEO).....

To me it shows character that a person in that position would ask his customer base for moral support..... My loyalty volume knob with Gibson just went from 10 to 11 [thumbup] ..... And nothing will ever change that. [cool]

And my loyalty knob just went from a 7 to a 1. Where I'm extremely disappointed in Henry is in his coddling up to the effort to make this a political anti-government/Obama issue by sleeping with Fox News and others of their ilk. Big business and big government need each other to coexist successfully. Unfortunately, individuals in each arena have demonstrated the ability to become drunk with positions of power, so ongoing oversight is necessary in both worlds. Would you like to leave BP out there with no oversight? The drug companies? The insurance industry? Government has an important role to play. The merits of this particular case against Gibson will become clearer, but with no contribution from the overtly biased bozos Henry turned to. Sign the petition? I think not.

And my loyalty knob just went from a 7 to a 1. Where I'm extremely disappointed in Henry is in his coddling up to the effort to make this a political anti-government/Obama issue by sleeping with Fox News and others of their ilk. Big business and big government need each other to coexist successfully. Unfortunately, individuals in each arena have demonstrated the ability to become drunk with positions of power, so ongoing oversight is necessary in both worlds. Would you like to leave BP out there with no oversight? The drug companies? The insurance industry? Government has an important role to play. The merits of this particular case against Gibson will become clearer, but with no contribution from the overtly biased bozos Henry turned to. Sign the petition? I think not.

then start a thread reflecting your opinion..this thread was started for people that wanted to support them..ok you have a different opinion thats cool ..your entitled to so why dont you start a thread to discuss your reasons..this is a thread to asking people to sign a petition and for support ..you dont have to sign so why troll? you feel you have valid points so start a discussion on those subjects

Can I assume (or hope) you didn't feel this way when you used to moderate the Gibson forums????? [confused]

Or can I assume the feelings you currently have about Gibsons so-called deception of its customer base, was brought on by you being relieved as moderator of the Gibson forums????? Maybe you're bitter???

Oh, he did feel this way and it is worse now for obvious reasons.

The better question is why he hangs out here?

Basically the guy does not understand that we all know we are paying a higher premium for guitars build in the USA, Gibson or other brands.

Reasonable question....

They've always had my loyalty and support, and I think most of our pocket books speak for that.

Moral support...more like PR support.

Just so you know where this opinion is coming from, I'm not a "Loyal Gibson customer" but I do happen to think Gibson and Fender make the coolest stuff. However, I believe "Brand Loyalty" doesn't do the brand or the consumer any good at all. Just allows the Brand to slack off eventually and the consumer ends up disappointed in the company when they find out they're not as good as the "Used to Be". (If you really "Care" about a company and their product wouldn't you rather be scrutinizing than loyal?)

Anyway, it seems to me that this is a case of selective law enforcement. Doesn't really matter if it's political or if Henry called the Lead Investigator a SOB at the last raid so he's getting even (Lest we forget, Power Corrupts). On the face of it, no charges leveled after last raid, no parade of Illegal Wood pallets, where's the smoking gun?

Why hasn't any other Guitar Manufacturer or Furniture Manufacturer been hassled? I mean, if they were tracing illegal wood from the supplier to the buyer, wouldn't they have busted a few places at the same time? If they're NOT tracing the wood from the supplier then [confused] WTF makes them think they got their wood illegally? I question the validity of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Agency and the Validity of the Amended Lacey Act as it stands now. They really should have written a new Act just for Plants and Trees, not include Plants and Trees into the existing "Poaching endangered Animals" law.

And how about some Raids on factories in China, Korea, and Indochina (the biggest violators of the Lacey Act to date). Is it Easier to kick in an Americans Door than put pressure on the Chinese by levying sanctions and tariffs on all Chinese Products coming into America until China gets on board with the Illegal Wood "Problem"? Which just might help our local economies a little bit as well? All this just might seem a little too Old Fashioned, (politically speaking) but it just makes more sense than using Drug War Tactics on Wood Carvers [rolleyes]

Moral support...more like PR support.

what you see this as a marketing opportunity?

they should have an add with a heavily armed swat team taking out their factory ...marketing dream opportunity and we could all get upset and go and out and buy gibson guitars and sign cleverly thought up pr petitions being hoodwinked as customers ...right bro

how would you feel if gibson didnt exist that this situation ended up closing them down? that were no les pauls...no forum to say how feel about em ??

nice 1 =D>

what you see this as a marketing opportunity?

they should have an add with a heavily armed swat team taking out their factory ...marketing dream opportunity and we could all get upset and go and out and buy gibson guitars and sign cleverly thought up pr petitions being hoodwinked as customers ...right bro

how would you feel if gibson didnt exist that this situation ended up closing them down? that were no les pauls...no forum to say how feel about em ??

nice 1 =D>

Cam,

I didn't say marketing.

Henry didn't create the petition for moral support. He created it to generate awareness of gibson's plight and its position on this issue/situation.

Henry has been pretty active in the media on this issue. I think this is an extension of that campaign.

Read my previous post. I haven't taken a position on this issue yet.

Don't put words in my mouth.

Not sure how you took my post as anti-government or anti-whatever [confused]... but whatever floats your beanie I guess LOL!! .....

Gibson has brought great enjoyment to my family, myself and my pals that I jam with, and the good people that post on this forum that give great advice, and make the experience even more enjoyable..... And if this makes me a bozo, it will make me a bozo with two more brand new Gibsons by the end of the year [biggrin]

And DAMN STRAIGHT I am a brand loyalist.... Snap-on, Gibson and Nokona..... Been using all three brands since grade school and high school with great results [thumbup].... And I'll use them til the end.

Archived