Gibson Brands Forums

New Guitar Day!!!

Twiz

Craigslist has been good to me these past couple years... Yesterday I got my white Flying V! According to the serial #, it's a 68 reissue, made in 2007. I'm so stoked!!! My band has a show tonight, so I'm going to play it at the gig. I can't wait! The pups are stock. -The pervious owner had chrome covers put on. I love that. I think it really classes it up. I may change the knobs to (my favorite) speed knobs, but that's about it as far as things I want to modify. I think it's perfect. I never had a guitar with an ebony fret board. I really dig it. Ok, I'm going to quit typing and go play the damn thing. [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

6522_100dpi.jpg

6455_100dpi.jpg

6449_100dpi.jpg

Thanks everyone. I took today off work (that rules by itself, the V just adds to the awesomeness), and I've been playing it all morning. It is such a killer guitar. Just really comfortable to play. I think that was the most surprising thing. -It hangs perfectly when you throw it over your shoulder. My SG Standard is my most comfortable guitar, but this V is probably a close 2nd.

...What are the stock pups? '57 classics? +1 on the speed knobs...BLACK ONES. [thumbup]

Check me on this, but I'm pretty sure that they are ceramics. -A 496R and a 500T. Also, YES on the black speed knobs. They're my favorite.

Great lookin V bro...I love mine as well..One of the few guitar's I bought new and the action was completely perfect...It's the most comfortable guitar to play while standing up, and those pups scream, with some nice saturation...The clean's are bit metallic but that can be a good thing depending on what your going for...Rock on man! [thumbup]

The only thing that excites me more than that guitar itself is that I know you are going to play the heck out of it.

Not a fan of speed knobs but function before form.

I would love to have a V, although my pointy guitar of choice is my Explorer.

Archived