Gibson Brands Forums

Who makes the BEST Blues pedal?

Flight959

Yes, true about the neatly trimmed goatee. Any time we make time to groom properly gives us bonus points.

On a bad day, any guitar player should have at least 5 min of wankery in them. If you can't, you aren't doing it right.

Its not whether you can play it, its whether you should play it kimosabe.

I'll keep my scraggly beard and songwriting

Both. Dad rock blues players are everywhere!

Bonus points if you have a neatly trimmed goatee

I mean the "watch me play a pentatonic for 5 minutes while making weird faces" wankery. Is there another kind?

You forgot the horrific vibrato....

Its not whether you can play it, its whether you should play it kimosabe.

I'll keep my scraggly beard and songwriting

Perhaps you should know I used a fuzz for recording once. Because it was the nastiest, dirtiest, swankiest knarly tone I could muster.

Only good for recording cause the 9 volt only gives you about 5 min of wank. Useless. If it ain't got at least 30 min of wank, not even worth putting in the bag.

The pedal follows the man, not the man follow the pedal. He who has the wank must bring the wank, or go home.

Makes me wonder...

Never thought of pedals in reference to blues - just pickers, whether amplified or not. When I was picking up some blues stuff I don't think anybody was thinking about pedals whether they were famous pros or just folks pickin'.

m

Perhaps you should know I used a fuzz for recording once. Because it was the nastiest, dirtiest, swankiest knarly tone I could muster.

Only good for recording cause the 9 volt only gives you about 5 min of wank. Useless. If it ain't got at least 30 min of wank, not even worth putting in the bag.

The pedal follows the man, not the man follow the pedal. He who has the wank must bring the wank, or go home.

[blink]

The 9 volts in my fuzz pedals usually last over a month, but then again, my pedals don't wank, they make sweet sweet love to the inner ear canals of the listeners

He who wanks, wanks at home alone.

Makes me wonder...

Never thought of pedals in reference to blues - just pickers, whether amplified or not. When I was picking up some blues stuff I don't think anybody was thinking about pedals whether they were famous pros or just folks pickin'.

m

Listen to the beautiful sound of the 50's era Chess stuff. No pedals and cheap guitars!

[blink]

The 9 volts in my fuzz pedals usually last over a month, but then again, my pedals don't wank, they make sweet sweet love to the inner ear canals of the listeners

He who wanks, wanks at home alone.

You are not far from the kingdom of wank bliss, Fuzzbro.

If one can not know how to please himself, how can he hope to please others?

You are not far from the kingdom of wank bliss, Fuzzbro.

If one can not know how to please himself, how can he hope to please others?

You're right. I just played for half an hour of fuzz soaked feedback with sweet bigsby action. But before that, I practiced my originals and worked on two new songs on acoustic for about 3 hours.

I would comment on the second part, but I'll probably get another vacation for that...

wankery. Is there another kind?

Yes, Nathan, there is, your kind of wankery.

You talk as if you have all the experience in the world and street cred, c'mon man, we know you good enough around here.

You are just a different kind of wanker, like the rest of the other wankers like you.

All you have to do is to live and let live, there are musical styles that you don't like or can play so why not just let it be?

Yes, Nathan, there is, your kind of wankery.

You talk as if you have all the experience in the world and street cred, c'mon man, we know you good enough around here.

You are just a different kind of wanker, like the rest of the other wankers like you.

All you have to do is to live and let live, there are musical styles that you don't like or can play so why not just let it be?

I do, if people want to play dad rock, and wank, go for it.

However, I don't have to like it

Listen to the beautiful sound of the 50's era Chess stuff. No pedals and cheap guitars!

Exactly! Just hitting a tube-rectified fender tweed really hard gets you that sag and that sweet distortion.

Now modern blues tone appears to require not only pedals, but an outrageously expensive amp (Dumble, Demeter, Trainwreck et al). Not knocking any of those amps (I like my Demeter TGA 2.1), but to play the blues? C'mon...

Exactly! Just hitting a tube-rectified fender tweed really hard gets you that sag and that sweet distortion.

Now modern blues tone appears to require not only pedals, but an outrageously expensive amp (Dumble, Demeter, Trainwreck et al). Not knocking any of those amps (I like my Demeter TGA 2.1), but to play the blues? C'mon...

DAMBLE TOANZZZZZZZZZZZ

No just wondering why you are acting up,

And trying to grasp the Dad rock comments while your favorite band is Wilco which is soft rock.

Wilco isn't dad rock. If you've ever listened to Wilco, you would know that. I wouldn't really classify them as soft rock, if you listen into a lot of their back catalogue, they have some whacky stuff. Definitely not typical dad rock but ok. Have your fun

I'm not acting up.

If I ever listen to them? they play them often on Lightning 100, local radio station for off the beaten path music, really aimed for young women but I admittedly listen to it when I listen to the radio since they do play some local acts.

But..whatever, they're just too soft for me. I'll take the Blues anytime, just like your boy Jack White would.

If I ever listen to them? they play them often on Lightning 100, local radio station for off the beaten path music, really aimed for young women but I admittedly listen to it when I listen to the radio since they do play some local acts.

But..whatever, they're just too soft for me. I'll take the Blues anytime, just like your boy Jack White would.

I get the sense this is starting to turn into a pissing match. Again, just because I have opinions doesn't mean I'm trying to start a fight or get a rise out of people.

I like Wilco, you think its soft woman music. You like blues inspired rock, I think its wanker music

Like I said a page ago, agree to disagree

cheers

nate

Archived