Gibson Brands Forums

Where do you fit in? (up-date)

daveinspain

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 a couple on months ago' date=' 2 kids, house, no real Gibson yet, you're not going to kick me out are you?[/quote']

course not..... get a gibson when you're ready...

Check craigslist.... there is some great stuff cheap there...

• 5 months later...

I'm 31 and just discovered this resurrected thread. And just checking the pole results and...wait a minute!

THIS IS AN OLD PEOPLE'S FORUM!

And I'm still enjoying myself and keep learning new things... Now, what does that make me...?[blush]:-k

(Just messing with you guys! You older guys I mean...[sneaky] )

[biggrin] [biggrin] [biggrin]

They love giving away Gibsons when you work for them. I'm in a design contest for employees only and the winner will be announced next Friday . I submitted three entries and one of 'em got a pretty good chance of winning . I'd tell ya my idea but then I'd have to kill ya....

42 years old BTW.....

There's a discussion going on over in the Acoustic part of the forum about whether the American Idol contestants were "given" the Gibson guitars they all played on Tuesday or if they were just "loaned".

Any insite?

Discussion is titled, Anybody watch American Idol?

I can't recall whether I responded to the poll number or not before... and I'm too busy to check right now. <grin>

But... WWII was still on when I was born. Okay, just barely.

Technically I'm not even a baby-boomer. Too old.

Hmmmmm. I'm still a lot younger than BB and even some months younger than Clapton...

m

I'm 58' date=' and I feel like a million bucks ... all green and wrinkled.[/quote']

If you look like Mr. Natural, then you're probably rippley with wirey white hair, and you've got electricity shooting out of your eyes and finger tips. At least that's the way I remember you.

I can't recall whether I responded to the poll number or not before... and I'm too busy to check right now. <grin>

But... WWII was still on when I was born. Okay' date=' just barely.

Technically I'm not even a baby-boomer. Too old.

Hmmmmm. I'm still a lot younger than BB and even some months younger than Clapton...

m

[/quote']

Boomers are from 1946 'til 1964, right? I was born in 1949, my older sister was born in 1947. Mom & Dad met after he got back from WWII, so we are "early boomers".

Funny thing.... when my parents got married, Dad was 28... Mom was 14..... today he'd go to jail!

Rob....

Whoooooeeeee. Yupper on changes in laws. OTOH, there were many huge cultural changes everywhere following the war. In a sense, the late 40s and 50s were an incredible transitional period - not just with electric guitar designs we now all love to play, but in law, culture... and not just in the US, but almost everywhere.

As for "boom" generation, I'm considered a "in betweener" according to some marketing research I used to use in teaching sales and marketing techniques. The boomers are "challengers," the older ones (let's say, pre 1935 birth) are "traditionalists." We "twixters" may challenge, but do it traditionally, I guess. <chuckle>

All kidding aside, I think in ways the above has had a lot of influence on my own choices in music and guitars and...

BTW, my little sis was 1947, little bro 1950 - Baby bro ain't 40 yet! Talk about a generation gap unless we're talking computer operating systems and computer AV recording technique - which technology he teaches to developers.

Oh, and folks who are only 48, don't worry. You'll probably grow up some day. Heck, I might even grow up some day.

m

Archived