Gibson Brands Forums

Jeff's Sonic Thread

Jeff-7

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff 7...........I'll have some questions for you about them Blue Speakers......

And, I've been thinking for some time as well, I need me a DUB pedal of some sort as well.............Hmmm........

Great thread Jeff..........Thanks.......[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......

Thanks for the kind words guys!

I'm glad you're diggin it Jeff! I'm super happy to have built it for you! You already thanked me more than enough ;)

That thing sounds really intense, huh?

Oh I'm digging this immensely, sounds so awesome with the ac30 cranked!

Jeff 7...........I'll have some questions for you about them Blue Speakers......

And, I've been thinking for some time as well, I need me a DUB pedal of some sort as well.............Hmmm........

Great thread Jeff..........Thanks.......[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ......

Sure, feel free to shoot me a PM.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to go pick up the '64 LG1 today that some of you may remember from my pawn shop thread. Steve Mason did a wonderful job with fixing the bracings and top, as well as hand carving a new rosewood bridge for this beauty. iPhone pics suck but it's the best I can do for now.

lg11w.jpg

lg12.jpg

She sounds amazing, still a little overexcited at the moment haha. Bringing her home finally was a great start to December! I just wish I had something better to record with than the iphone or I'd send you a clip. Tried it earlier, really doesn't do her justice.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

NPD!

Contacted Brian (Smallsound/Bigsound) about having this made a while ago, just came in 30 minutes ago :D Combination Sparkle Motion/ F*ck Overdrive!

Our rigs are like cousins! I have a Sole-Mate and a <F-word> OD from SS/BS. Hope you dig it. Still figuring out where to work in the Burst button.

Edit: And I abuse the non lofi flavor of the Ekko 616. Weird.

Our rigs are like cousins! I have a Sole-Mate and a <F-word> OD from SS/BS. Hope you dig it. Still figuring out where to work in the Burst button.

Edit: And I abuse the non lofi flavor of the Ekko 616. Weird.

I'm not a big spring verb' user (not against it though! Sometimes I like it with my Strat on a cleaner tone like on a blackface Fender for a slow blues number to blow people's minds! Spring reverb, just like other effects I don't use much like chorus/flange and digital delay have their place, as does anything). I can't stand digital reverb. I love plate reverb. And of course, there is nothing like playing any guitar you like (a good 70s era Les Paul Custom would be mine) into a cranked up Marshall in the middle of a real cathedral, hall, or an old, spacious house or theater! And while I do dig analog delay (not much of a digital fan anymore. Too clean. Too unnatural. Reminds me of the shredders of the late 80s with their complicated rack setups and high gain preamps. Is it just me, or did Bob Bradshaw take the fun out of everything effect related? I could not stand someone else switching my effects and or not having instant access to my knobs, unless it is absolutely necessary, or if I wasn't able to focus on a pedalboard, like if I was in a KISS tribute band or something where I am wearing platform shoes. I probably wouldn't be able to stand up, let alone click on a box or operate a wah. I'd probably break it....LOL!), tape echo will always be my favorite. I'm considering picking up an El Capistan, seeing as how many on here (like Dub) boast theirs in a positive manner, and it is probably the closest anyone has ever gotten to a real Echoplex without using tape. There is delay sounds I am seeking that I could never get with either digital or analog delays. Plus, they actually sound good in front of amp distortion!

I don't think the fine folks here quite understand how rad that pedal is..

It's like beyond conventional radness. It's a whole new category of excellence. Dayum dude your rig is turning out amazing.

It's nothing short of amazing man. Can't believe I waited this long to have it done.

Archived