Gibson Brands Forums

where to find masterbilt cases?

bfpirogas

Hi guys,

I'm looking for it everywhere and I really can't find an answer, so I could really use your help..

I got an Epi ef-500 RCCE Masterbilt, and I desperately want a case for it...

I had decided a while ago to buy an EMBEFCS case (http://www.sweetwater.com/images/items/1800/EMBEFCS-xlarge.jpg) but didn't had the money for it then.

But now that I do, I can't find it anywhere!!! Neither sweetwater, nor a bunch of other sites seem to provide it anymore! All say that is not available...

Please help! Is Epi not producing this case anymore? Is there another Epi case for my guitar?

Thanks in advance...

Thanks for the reply anyways!

Anyone else knows anything about the EMBEFCS case or another that fits my EF 500 RCCE?

I desperately want a case for this, and I'd much rather prefer it to be an Epiphone one...

About that, I also downloaded epiphone's 2006 official catalogue, and there about my guitar it says that a EMBENCS case is supposed to be my guitar's original manifacturer's case, but i can't find this anywhere either...

at least the EMBEFCS was at some point available at Sweetwater, about a year ago...

Anyone please help me??? Any EF 500RCCE users maybe???

Thanks for the reply anyways!

Anyone else knows anything about the EMBEFCS case or another that fits my EF 500 RCCE?

I desperately want a case for this, and I'd much rather prefer it to be an Epiphone one...

About that, I also downloaded epiphone's 2006 official catalogue, and there about my guitar it says that a EMBENCS case is supposed to be my guitar's original manifacturer's case, but i can't find this anywhere either...

at least the EMBEFCS was at some point available at Sweetwater, about a year ago...

Anyone please help me??? Any EF 500RCCE users maybe???

I don't know why cases are such a problem. Very guitar should have one. I have a hodgepodge of cases I'm not happy with either. You buy a guitar and think you'll get a case later, nah! It rarely happens. One of my guitars is in a cheap gigbag. Somebody help us out with flattering cases please.

• 1 month later...

I have an EF-500m, which I bought from Sweetwater. The Epiphone case they sold me was not very well built, and the first on they sent was defective, would not close correctly. I ended up buying an SKB case from them that I really love. I got http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SKB000 great fit, very nice case. Not very heavy for that type case, either. They had a demo of it a week or so ago, for about $75.00, may still be on their sale page.

I am looking to buy a Masterbilt Ef-500R. I had one right after they first came out, but sold it and have missed it since. I came with a case back then. I guess they don't now. I have searched around the net, and best I can gather is that the PR-6E case from Epiphone might fit. I can't verify that, but I hope that it is true. If anyone knows for sure then please let all of us know!!

You might consider buying a Gibson CJ-165 case because it fits the EF-500 perfectly. The cases for these guitars are interchangeable in terms of size & shape.

In fact, I still use the poly-foam case from my EF-550R - which I seriously regret having sold - to tote my Gibson CJ-165 around.

WARNING: If you order a Gibson case, please be wary -- The Gibson nomenclature is very odd: The case with "165" in the part number DOES NOT fit the CJ-165 or EF-500. Sweetwater sent this case to me in error and insisted it was the correct case -- although the case actually holds a jumbo. I ate the return freight.

Eventually, I found the correct Gibson case on eBay.

Not sure if you're aware, but those stock Masterbilt cases are not very high quality. They are essentially gig bags with styrofoam sides. The only good thing about them is they're light weight. Better off to find a real hard shell dreadnought case from musicians fiend or elsewhere.

Not sure if you're aware, but those stock Masterbilt cases are not very high quality. They are essentially gig bags with styrofoam sides. The only good thing about them is they're light weight. Better off to find a real hard shell dreadnought case from musicians fiend or elsewhere.

I would agree with with this. I have the Masterbilt dreadnaught case and it is great for keeping around the house but if something serious should befall it I don't know if I would be happy with the results.

That said I also have the Epi E-Dread case and it is solid as a rock. Protected my Hummingbird on a flight from the UK to Texas no problem.

Archived