Gibson Brands Forums

Mod approval on all posts

sneakerpimp

I always manage to miss the threads that go awry, anyways the above post of Duane's (as usual) hits it on the head (oh Duane [wub] such a fine moderator)

You seem like a nice enough guy to me cam [thumbup]

Best way of going about it is utilizing the ignore feature, I've only had to use it once ('cause these forums are filled with good people) here, but it's always an option. I enjoy the internet for the good 'uns, Matt, Duane, e'eryone else whose opinions I value. Any "trolls", for the most part, I try to ignore.

I'd also like to wish your mom the best of luck, I hope she recovers speedily.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is absolutely no trolling going on here, other than Steve trying to build a blind allegiance about the moderation here [biggrin] LOL

Some are just poking a little fun.... This forum full of crazy guitar players, and sometimes you just have to pick your poison around here [biggrin] .... And if a new member is calling members "******bags" and "trolls," that usually is not a good way to start with its members or the mod staff.

Certainly we want you (cam) to stay, but it's not your job to play armchair moderator and call people names.... If you have an issue with a members post or thread, please use the report system or PM the moderating group, and we will take a look at the situation.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming [thumbup]

Nope calling people names on gets you into more trouble with mod's and besides there is an ignore user function on the forum that allows you from see the trouble maker post.

Of course mods don't need to use it they can just suspend their accounts or banned for breaking the rules.

untill enough of us complain to admin the mod will carry on spoiling our fun, lets make official complaints about "the" mod and before long he'll lose his trigger happy privileges...

Umm...dude...really?

At this forum, many sing praises and love for Duane's job he does as a mod.

Think about it. Really....think....about....that....Think.

you don't know me as well as the others do...do ya? :)

Steve,

A new kid turned up for his first guitar lesson today and a note fell out his book; it was from his mum saying "ask Mr Sear if you can learn Leave Right Now (Will Young) and Hero (Enrique Iglesias) ..." (WTF!!! LOL)

I thought Vodka Boy's tastes don't even run that bad [tongue]

Matt

i was just sitting here minding my own business when this BS started i have seen it so many times on the web it always leaves a bad taste in my mouth ..i dont need it now.. i got a mod having a crack at me for being trolled and objecting ..i really dont need the sh*t right now it is not a good time ..my mum has just had open heart surgery and is extremely ill..i am not as tolerant as i normally would be..so apologies about making a scene here but i just dont need any BS right now so its better for me to avoid confrontational situations at present

Cam, Duane and everyone

This is to be listened to with the old tongue in cheek :) It is called 'Gibson Forum Idiot' and based on Green Day's American Idiot...

http://www.reverbnat...w/song_10408574

This cover is by a guy named Shaun, (an Aussie too Cam) - anyway, he had a very tolerance to some of the things we covered a couple of pages ago in this thread - and recorded this cover song around April Fools day a couple of years ago as a finger up to the idiots on internet forums - (keyboard warriors, trolls, trouble makers etc)

It is called Gibson Forum Idiot, but it is to be taken as affectionate ribbing (or so I am told) the words and comedy always make me smile [tongue]

Matt

Cam, Duane and everyone

This is to be listened to with the old tongue in cheek :) It is called 'Gibson Forum Idiot' and based on Green Day's American Idiot...

http://www.reverbnat...w/song_10408574

It is called Gibson Forum Idiot, but it is to be taken as affectionate ribbing (or so I am told) the words and comedy always make me smile [tongue]

Matt

man, you owe me a new screen [laugh]

i doubt anyone would find a problem with that, cept for the cussin' =D>

man, you owe me a new screen [laugh]

i doubt anyone would find a problem with that, cept for the cussin' =D>

I know!!! It's a freekin masterpiece!!! I have played it a good 20 times and I still crack up with the words and the way it is done. Music really is the ultimate tool of expression, even to get things off your chest!! [thumbup]

Matt

Steve,

A new kid turned up for his first guitar lesson today and a note fell out his book; it was from his mum saying "ask Mr Sear if you can learn Leave Right Now (Will Young) and Hero (Enrique Iglesias) ..." (WTF!!! LOL)

I thought Vodka Boy's tastes don't even run that bad [tongue]

Matt

yea i read it on facebook, don't you know how to play them songs then? [tongue]

Guest farnsbarns

Thanks Duane and cheers to that!

Way more decent people than not. I was having a little bit of fun because, wise axe above, in a recent pm said that that account, was his second account. I know who he is anyway, a very transparent and easy writing style to recognise! LOL

cheers guys

Matt

I just had a look at some posts to see if I could recognise the writing style. Having read a few I thought the only person I could think of that it sounded like was me [scared] . I hope you recognise it to be someone else!

I just had a look at some posts to see if I could recognise the writing style. Having read a few I thought the only person I could think of that it sounded like was me [scared] . I hope you recognise it to be someone else!

It DID feel a bit strange quoting myself........[flapper] [flapper] [flapper] .....

Archived