Gibson Brands Forums

Acosutic players, how can I bond more with my Les Paul ?

EuroAussie

I feel you. I grew up playing electric guitar(35 years) . Im 44 now. I was into KISS back in the day, and loved ACE of course, and what did he play, a LES PAUL of course. The PAUL was my dream guitar in the 70's. I drooled over them. My parents would never buy me one, hey, I understand, they were expensive, even back then(for the day). I finally got my Paul in the mid 80's. I had a job then, and could afford it. I played it for a while, then realized something was missing,so I traded it for a strat. Played the strat for a while, etc, traded, bought, etc for years and years, differetn electrics, really never was satisfied with any of them. I finally got my sunburst PAUL, but it was not all that i thought it was back in the 70's, sad to say. Now, I have two SUHR TS models, I love, but I don teven play them much anymore.But, I keep them, just in case I do get an urge to play some electric, which is not very often anymore. I play my Masterbilts and Gibson acoustics more now.

Or in other words, what can I do to bond a little with the Les Paul ??

EA .. I know exactly what you're talkin' about!

I play 98% acoustic, but every now & then I run across an old 80's rock video that makes me pull out the ol' electric & crank. It's just fun for an hour or so ... and then it's back to what I know best.

BTW, what kind of rock do you really like? Everybody knows I'm a SLASH imitator .. anything G-n-R fires me up!

Yeah, I love the 80's hard rock stuff and also the early 90's grunge stuff. But ever since I heard for the first time Nirvana, Alice in Chains and Peral Jam unplugged is when I shifted to the acoustic, probably forever.

We play in our acoustic set Back From Cali, from the last Slash album, and recently I dragged out the LP and played this track alon with the orginal Slash electric version and must admit ti felt damnnn good ... ! :-)

I have a feeling I will ever now and then rock out to the big riffs but probably will use the LP more for blues impro as I sort of gravite a bit to this style with the LP.

btw: here's a couple Slash covers we do, with my J-150 and SWD, thought you might enjoy them being a fan.

BTW, what kind of rock do you really like? Everybody knows I'm a SLASH imitator .. anything G-n-R fires me up!

Yeah, I love the 80's hard rock stuff and also the early 90's grunge stuff .... btw: here's a couple Slash covers we do, with my J-150 and SWD, thought you might enjoy them being a fan.

Dude! Me & you are definitely on the same page. ROCK ON!

Archived