Gibson Brands Forums

For Guitar enthusiasts only....note: no GIBSON content

onewilyfool

I recently acquired a 1932 Washburn 5250 Archtop guitar. Great little Guitar....VERY unique sound. In 1938, GIBSON actually made this model for Tonk Bros.( What do you know....some Gibson content after all), but this version was probably made by REGAL. This thing is as light as a feather and is strong, not a real strummer, but can do everything else. Perfect for my style!.....I'm blessed to have it. Almost 80 years old....no cracks....great sound.....Here is a Tonk Bros. Catalog sheet , and some pics......Thought the guitar lovers might like to see this one......

Washburncatalogsheet.jpg

photo.jpg

WashburnHeadstock.jpg

Washburnback.jpg

Thanks Kahune....It's amazing how many different sounding guitars there are....wood and strings.....this one DOES sound good with Jazzy chords (too bad I don't know many of them....lol), blues is fantastic as well as cowboy songs....etc. Very versatile.....I'm bonding very well with this one....

Looks great. I love those old guitars. You can't buy what they've earned. Congrats on a sweet instrument. Imagine what that guitar might have been part of; The Great Depression, WWII, Korea, natural disasters, or maybe it was simply a guitar that someone got alot of enjoyment from by just playing for the family. Cool guitar.

Archived