Gibson Brands Forums

Live guitar recording/new tune

moej45

The guitar--------superb. Typical of a J45: plenty of volumn and a warm, warm tone. Truly fits the mood. I hear alot of wood in your guitar. Nice stuff. Don't know all the details of how you recorded this, but for me, less is better. I like the pure sound of the guitar.

Your vocals-------I like your sound. You carry the notes easily and like the guitar, your voice fits the mood of this song.

The Song--------Pretty cool. You tell a very human story that rings with truth. People can identify with it. I'm drawn to songs like this.

I hope you post more music. [thumbup]

So I recorded the J45 on my ipad. I used Garageband with the Alesis IO Dock and then used a AKG Perception Cardioid Mic(220). I think it sounds great....don't love the way it sounds on the vox but with the IPAD garageband there arent tons of options.

http://soundcloud.co...american-dreams

Love it! Like MP, I'm drawn to songs like this--real, expressive, daring even.

This is great stuff--I listened over and over and it just gets better and better. "...while women feed their children on swallowed broken screams."

You and your voice and your guitar are perfect, in my opinion--everything of one piece in service of this fine, fine song.

Dang, son--you got it going here. I'm a serious fan...and a ready and willing listener, anytime.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Love it! Like MP, I'm drawn to songs like this--real, expressive, daring even.

This is great stuff--I listened over and over and it just gets better and better. "...while women feed their children on swallowed broken screams."

You and your voice and your guitar are perfect, in my opinion--everything of one piece in service of this fine, fine song.

Dang, son--you got it going here. I'm a serious fan...and a ready and willing listener, anytime.

[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Thanks Anne! Those are very kind words and much appreciated. I'll be posting more of these in coming weeks...putting together a bunch of these demos before putting it all down in the studio next sping....

That's really good stuff, and it shows why the J-45 is the best guitar in the world to accompany a good singer. Doesn't overwhelm the singer, but underpins it all beautifully. No wonder we love that guitar!

Nice song, nice voice, nice guitar.

Archived