Gibson Brands Forums

Whats you favorite pickup combination for a Gibson Les Paul currently made?

guitar_randy

Hey Pippy! I like the '57 classics too. For all of you, here's a link to the Pickup Chart at gibson.com. It shows each pickups output relative to the others. Download it and use it as a reference when you have pickup questions. Pippy, the '57 Classics actually have a slightly higher output than the Burstbucker 1/2. See it here:

http://www.gibson.com/Files/_gear/datasheets/Pickup_Guide.pdf

Hey Pippy! I like the '57 classics too. For all of you' date=' here's a link to the Pickup Chart at gibson.com. It shows each pickups output relative to the others. Download it and use it as a reference when you have pickup questions. Pippy, the '57 Classics actually have a slightly higher output than the Burstbucker 1/2. See it here:

http://www.gibson.com/Files/_gear/datasheets/Pickup_Guide.pdf

[/quote']

I think with some having higher outputs than others doesn't give a good idea for the way each one sounds different from each other.

• 1 year later...
I think with some having higher outputs than others doesn't give a good idea for the way each one sounds different from each other.

I agree. I like how the Duncan and Dimarzio sites have charts that show the basic eq of the pickups as well. The relative output chart on this site isn't that informative.

I have a LP with a 57 at the neck and a bb3 at the bridge wth coil tap and its incredibly versitile.I have a 135 with 57's and it is a great blues and jazz sound.My sg has 490-s on both and though I like the way they sound thick and creamy they would'nt be my first choice.I mignt even change them for P90's.I have a Big Apple Strat with a S.D.59er in the neck and aS.D. Pearly gates in the bridge with a 5 way switch and it could handle any type of music.

Archived