Gibson Brands Forums

Been to a good live show lately?

NeoConMan

In honor of 12BarD, I'm starting this thread.

He went to see Smokin' Jue Kubek the other night at The Rhythm Room in Phoenix.

Always heard good stuff about Kubek, so I'm curious how it went.

Last show I saw there was Blues monster Alvin Youngblood Hart, one man on acoustic and Dobro.

Kicked ***!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ryan adams and the cardinals 9/30/08 at the palace theatre in cleveland. what an amazing show. a 2 1/2hr show soaked in a luscious reverb sauce.

Great live show in my living room everyday..... #-o

I'll get you guys in for Free if you ever get up this way!

i'll take you up on that as i plan on getting to nashville soon. i'm trying to get my songwriting group's admin to partially fund a field trip to check out open mics and do some networking.

ryan adams and the cardinals 9/30/08 at the palace theatre in cleveland. what an amazing show. a 2 1/2hr show soaked in a luscious reverb sauce.

i'll take you up on that as i plan on getting to nashville soon. i'm trying to get my songwriting group's admin to partially fund a field trip to check out open mics and do some networking.

Sounds like fun :)!! Y'all holler out when you head this way! I'll put some shoes on and hook up the mule!

i took the family to see kiss, its no fun listening to bootlegs after seeing em live in the flesh

saw foghat, they kicked *** also, small venue, loud amps, rockin blues, it was great

idk whos next, i thought it would be cool to see peter frampton, or maybe queen, but idk when they will ever come around here

I saw the Black Keys friday before last. For just drums and guitar they filled the sound space; there were never any dead sounds and they weren't loud as hell. I don't know if you can attribute that to the sound guy or the 5 amps dan, the guitarist, was split to. Great modern mississippi blues and they kept the high energy the entire 1:45. Highly recommended if you get a chance.

The last two shows I saw were Steely Dan and Poco. Steely Dan should need no expanation, but some of you may not be familiar with Poco.

Poco is a country rock band that was formed in the late 60's out of the ashes of the folk rock band Buffalo Springfield. The line-up for the last Springfield album ( that fulfilled their contract) included Richie Furay, Jim Messina, and Rusty Young. After completing the Springfield business they formed a country rock band they called Poco. Poco's original bass player, Randy Meisner, left to help form a little band with some unknowns called the Eagles. His replacement, Timothy B. Schmidt, eventually left Poco to then replace Randy in the Eagles. Jim Messina left Poco to produce records for other artists, but got pulled back into performance by a guy named Kenny Loggins, and the Loggins and Messina chapter of rock & roll is also history. He was replaced by a guitarist/singer named Paul Cotton who had a band called Illinois Speed Press at the time.

The show my wife and I saw was a one shot 40th anniversary reunion show with most of the primary players, Jim Messina, Richie Furay, Rusty Young and Paul Cotton. They played everything from Buffalo Springfield to Loggina and Messina, to the Eagles. An unbelievable show.

The next show we have tickets for is David Crosby & Graham Nash on election night at a 700 seat venue. Looking forward to that one. Living in the heart of the midwest has it's benefits. Bands coming from either coast usually make a stop in the neighborhood

The last two shows I saw were Steely Dan and Poco. Steely Dan should need no expanation' date=' but some of you may not be familiar with Poco.

Poco is a country rock band that was formed in the late 60's out of the ashes of the folk rock band Buffalo Springfield. The line-up for the last Springfield album ( that fulfilled their contract) included Richie Furay, Jim Messina, and Rusty Young. After completing the Springfield business they formed a country rock band they called Poco. Poco's original bass player, Randy Meisner, left to help form a little band with some unknowns called the Eagles. His replacement, Timothy B. Schmidt, eventually left Poco to then replace Randy in the Eagles. Jim Messina left Poco to produce records for other artists, but got pulled back into performance by a guy named Kenny Loggins, and the Loggins and Messina chapter of rock & roll is also history. He was replaced by a guitarist/singer named Paul Cotton who had a band called Illinois Speed Press at the time.

The show my wife and I saw was a one shot 40th anniversary reunion show with most of the primary players, Jim Messina, Richie Furay, Rusty Young and Paul Cotton. They played everything from Buffalo Springfield to Loggina and Messina, to the Eagles. An unbelievable show.

The next show we have tickets for is David Crosby & Graham Nash on election night at a 700 seat venue. Looking forward to that one. Living in the heart of the midwest has it's benefits. Bands coming from either coast usually make a stop in the neighborhood

[/quote']

MAN you got some AWESOME shows in your area!! Thanks for sharing the history, too... Lots of folks I like to listen to in there!

last month i saw cheap trick, heart and journey.

the wilson sisters are AMAZING...and im not a big Heart fan. her voice still sounds great.

that new guy journey has singing sounds exactly like steven perry. i saw journey in the past and they sounded like a journey cover band. but they sounded awesome with this new guy!

I went to see (be still my heart) Allison Krauss with Robert Plant in Nashville. Wow, what a great show!

In honor of 12BarD' date=' I'm starting this thread.

He went to see Smokin' Jue Kubek the other night at The Rhythm Room in Phoenix.

Always heard good stuff about Kubek, so I'm curious how it went.

Last show I saw there was Blues monster Alvin Youngblood Hart, one man on acoustic and Dobro.

Kicked ***![/quote']

Earlier this year I saw what I think was the best guitar concert ever - Larry Carlton and Robben Ford.

Both play ES 335's thru Dumble amps... talk about sweet sounds. We sat in the third row.

There was only one song with words during their whole show!

Last show I saw was Light This City, Black Tide, Chimaira and All That Remains. Light This City sucked, Black Tide was surprisingly good and Chimaira was great. We left before All That Remains because I wasn't feeling too well. Last great show I went to was Pearl Jam back in 2006, best show ever, I'm going to see Metallica in February.

Saw Rush @ Saratoga Perf Arts Center , saw them again @ the Molsen Centre in Montreal .

Although that was this summer that is as recent as I get to see a show these days . These

last two show makes my 22nd time seeing them .

Nothing better than seeing a band play From 8:00 to 11:15 with a 20 minute break .

No warm up band , and these three in their fifties continue to be outstanding all the way from sound ,

musical excellence , the light show , and even the five huge theatre screens in HD showing closeups so

the whole place had a front row seat .

/Cheers

Saw Rush @ Saratoga Perf Arts Center ' date=' saw them again @ the Molsen Centre in Montreal .

Although that was this summer that is as recent as I get to see a show these days . These

last two show makes my 22nd time seeing them .

Nothing better than seeing a band play From 8:00 to 11:15 with a 20 minute break .

No warm up band , and these three in their fifties continue to be outstanding all the way from sound ,

musical excellence , the light show , and even the five huge theatre screens in HD showing closeups so

the whole place had a front row seat .

/Cheers[/quote']

Rush is one of the best live bands ever IMHO. I have been listening to them since I first heard 2112.

Archived