Gibson Brands Forums

Hey St. Louis

L5Larry

Calling all St. Louisians, and surrounding areas. Many of you locals are on my BandMail list, but just in case anybody else wants to know...

My blues band mate SlideManDan and I are dusting off the acoustic guitars, and searching the memory banks for all those great old songs. We have been asked by Dan Graham of Graham's Grill (Kirkwood, MO) to revive our acoustic show for a once a month Thursday evening performance starting October 6th. Not only did Dan get out the chrome polish for the dobro, he even changed strings.

These will be "early" shows, starting at 7:00 p.m., perfect for dining "fashionably late", or come in early for dinner and claim your table for the madness that will start at 7:00. We'll play a lot of acoustic blues, a few jazz standards, some 70's acoustic rock classics, and anything else we might come up with. We did these acoustic shows for years, but I kind of put it to bed when I joined the jazz big band. It's been about three years since we did this, so anything can happen, but hey, that's show biz.

One old Gibson archtop (the driftwood), one shiny chrome plated dobro (the hubcap) and no net. And remember, heckling the band is not only allowed, it is encouraged.

Come join the fun.

Thursday, October 6th, 7:00 p.m. (and also November 10)

Graham's Grill

600 W. Woodbine Ave.

Kirkwood, MO 63122

http://www.saucemagazine.com/grahamsgrill/

Archived