Gibson Brands Forums

famous people you have met?

S t e v e

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man you scream ******* hipster. [lol]

the weird thing is, I'm not.

These were the most comfortable glasses I found, I suck at growing facial hair (although its nicer now) and my ears get cold for whatever reason, so once it hits october, I'm usually always wearing a beanie because ever since I was a little kid, my ears have always been very sensitive to temperature.

but it makes people feel better if i tell them im a hipster, so who cares?

Duke Ellington, Ray Charles, Aimie Mann, The Ramones, a couple of Allman Brothers, Mitch Ryder, Billy Idol and band, Steven Stills,

the Door's keyboard player Ray M., The Elton John Band, a bunch of 80s hair band folks (don't remember or care who), America,

Alvin Lee, bunch of other rockers, lots of the Kennedys (don't remember which ones, long time ago), and many political dissonants

and refugees (many killed later on), and, dunno.....Hmmm...I met Bill Gates ( who cares? ), had me an interesting life before it all

collapsed.........Oh, that Cream drummer, Baker, years ago.........

When I was just a kid I met Ty Cobb and Max Baer. Later on Ansel Adams, Eldridge Cleaver, Janis Joplin, The Doors, Frank Zappa, Obama's terrorist friend Bill Ayers and a whole bunch of politicos. There's also a bunch of musicials who are only a little famous.

Guest farnsbarns

Duke Ellington, Ray Charles, Aimie Mann, The Ramones, a couple of Allman Brothers, Mitch Ryder, Billy Idol and band, Steven Stills,

the Door's keyboard player Ray M., The Elton John Band, a bunch of 80s hair band folks (don't remember or care who), America,

Alvin Lee, bunch of other rockers, lots of the Kennedys (don't remember which ones, long time ago), and many political dissonants

and refugees (many killed later on), and, dunno.....Hmmm...I met Bill Gates ( who cares? ), had me an interesting life before it all

collapsed.........Oh, that Cream drummer, Baker, years ago.........

I didn't want to post for fear of being called a BSer but after that list I feel a little better...

Eric Clapton

Dave Gilmore

Dave Grohl

Pete Townsend

Simon Townsend

Dave Gorman

Sir Geoffrey Howe

Chris accabussi

Dermot O'leary

Alan Parsons

All of Motorhead

All of Big Country

Freddie Lonzo

Paul (Pollo) Barnes

Alison Goldfrap

All of 80s matchbox beeline disaster

Bez from Happy Mondays

James Alexander

Chris slegg

Big Chef (big chef little chef)

Richard Stilgoe

Robert Plant

Dizzy Rascal

Sadie Frost

Faye from Steps

All of Girl's School

All of The Alarm

Ronnie Corbett

Julian Barrett

Peter Skellen

Boris Johnson

Ken Livingstone

Ginger Baker

The Eurythmics

Queens of the Stone Age

Sum 41

Interesting list Farnsbarns.......( I forgot to mention some of the original Cars, and the J.Geils )....In the work you do, it's a rather regular thing....

I imagine for many in certain fields it's a normal thing......IMHO, its easy to 'forget' that people are people, and want to be met as such, without the

perverbial " OH MY G*D !!!! IT'S YOU !!!!!! " stuff......I imagine E.C. is a very down to earth guy.....Pete Townsend, eccentric, etc etc.................

Guest farnsbarns

Interesting list Farnsbarns.......( I forgot to mention some of the original Cars, and the J.Geils )....In the work you do, it's a rather regular thing....

I imagine for many in certain fields it's a normal thing......IMHO, its easy to 'forget' that people are people, and want to be met as such, without the

perverbial " OH MY G*D !!!! IT'S YOU !!!!!! " stuff......I imagine E.C. is a very down to earth guy.....Pete Townsend, eccentric, etc etc.................

more added. I am sure there are more but I can't think at the mo. Oh, The Eurythmics...

Breaking news. Dizzy Rascal assisted me and my missus in the theft of a portion of noodles from the guest area at V festival.

I met about half of them through the wife at after parties and in guest areas rather than through my work. Julian Barret was looking in the window of a travel shop I used to work in so I went and introduced my self. I was 4 when I met Pollo Barnes but I stayed with him for a week so I properly met him. I trod on Robert Plants foot at an after party at a Goldfrapp concert. When I was a kid my best mates mum was Richard Stilgoe's PA, I met Peter Skellen through them too. Geoffrey Howe visited my school when I was a kid, so did Chris Accabussi. I met Faye from Steps before she was famous.

Um I was lucky enough to act as a driver for Soundwave here in Adelaide.

So prior to that it was Eddie Vedder well all of Pearl Jam really

Kurt Cobain. ( Big Day out Sydney its amazing who you pee next to at a urinal) Shaking hands was just a tad awkward. :[

Olivia Newton John (shot a film clip in a field near my house as a kid)

Zac Blair Rise Against

Sick of it all

Ben Harper

After soundwave

Bullet for my valentine

Queens of the stone age

stone sour

Unfortunately 30 Seconds to mars

Millencolin

Gang of four

Primus

Sum 41

Pennywise

the gas light anthem

Thirdeyeblind

Feeder

oh crap I forgot Slayer

Guest farnsbarns

Um I was lucky enough to act as a driver for Soundwave here in Adelaide.

So prior to that it was Eddie Vedder well all of Pearl Jam really

Kurt Cobain. ( Big Day out Sydney its amazing who you pee next to at a urinal) Shaking hands was just a tad awkward. :[

Olivia Newton John (shot a film clip in a field near my house as a kid)

Zac Blair Rise Against

Sick of it all

Ben Harper

After soundwave

Bullet for my valentine

Queens of the stone age

stone sour

Unfortunately 30 Seconds to mars

Millencolin

Gang of four

Primus

Sum 41

Pennywise

the gas light anthem

Thirdeyeblind

Feeder

oh crap I forgot Slayer

Just reminded me of 2 more... Queens of the stone age and Sum 41.

Guest farnsbarns

Oops, Double post, faulty mouse, always clicks twice, must order a new one.

Better use of this double post. UK members may have read in the papers a few months ago about a girl called Alison Cox who tried to poison the owner of Anne Summers with screen wash while acting as her nanny. I am close to being related. I went to school with her and then years later I met her mothers boy friend's niece (that's my wife)! I was amazed when I heard what she had done. I think she's still in prison. Haven't actually seen her since school.

Archived