Gibson Brands Forums

Does anyone know?

Sp77

Hi everyone well im a huge Green Day and I Love Billie Joe's Guitar sound, for the people that says "who is Billie Joe" he is the lead Guitar (in studio) from Green Day, well to make a long story short I have a Gibson Bj signature, and make some recordings but I never get the same sound, this video from a guy on youtube is the most "like Bj sound" that I have ever heard.

he said that the gear he used is this one:

Recording Software: Logic Pro 9

Microphone: Audio-Technica AT2020

Guitar & Bass Sound: Line 6 POD X3

Computer: Macbook Pro

Sound Card: M-Audio Fast Track Pro

Camera: Canon ZR-960

Video Editing: Final Cut Express 4

I have almost all the gear except the Line 6 POD, if anyone can tell me,

is the POD so important?

I really want to make that sound on my videos.

Ps. if anyone can help me to make that sound or to make the Bj sound more exactly would be better =).

I have Guitar rig 4 also

Greetings =)

For this kind of question Google is your best friend. However, as I quite enjoyed the video you posted it got me interested so here's what I found.

Amp type is a Marshall 100 watt Plexi with a master volume mod and a Marshall 4x12 cab. If you're using Guitar Rig it has a pretty good Marshall simulation so try that. He also used a Hi Watt amp but they were pretty similar to a Marshall. The odd man out is a Fender Bassman with 4x10 speakers. That would be a bit brighter. If Guitar Rig doesn't do Fender amps then you can get "Amplitube Free" from IK Multimedia and buy a Fender Bassman sim for not very much money. Even without the Custom Shop sims Amplitube Free is worth having. I mean Free is a great price isn't it?

Here's the amp settings for the Marshall rig from the Ultimate Guitar site anyway.

Billie Joe Armstrong (newer) of Green Day

Drive - 6

Treble - 10

Mid - 8

Bass - 5

Reverb ? 3

Billie Joe Armstrong (older) of Green Day

Gain:9

Treble:10

Mid:8

Bass:5

Reverb:3

I don't think The Pod is really a "must have" for the Bj sound as it's only another amp sim.

If you need more just Google "Billie Joe Armstrong amp settings". You can also Google "Billie Joe Armstrong equipment list" to see what other guitars FX etc he used.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hey, Thanks a lot, Really. Now I get a better sound I would like to try it in some real amps like a Line 6 SpiderII, cause you know you can make the sound on a video but make it real is another thing.

Thanks a lot and I would google "Billie Joe Armstrong amp settings".

THANK YOU =)!

Guest BentonC

For this kind of question Google is your best friend. However, as I quite enjoyed the video you posted it got me interested so here's what I found.

Amp type is a Marshall 100 watt Plexi with a master volume mod and a Marshall 4x12 cab. If you're using Guitar Rig it has a pretty good Marshall simulation so try that. He also used a Hi Watt amp but they were pretty similar to a Marshall. The odd man out is a Fender Bassman with 4x10 speakers. That would be a bit brighter. If Guitar Rig doesn't do Fender amps then you can get "Amplitube Free" from IK Multimedia and buy a Fender Bassman sim for not very much money. Even without the Custom Shop sims Amplitube Free is worth having. I mean Free is a great price isn't it?

Here's the amp settings for the Marshall rig from the Ultimate Guitar site anyway.

Billie Joe Armstrong (newer) of Green Day

Drive - 6

Treble - 10

Mid - 8

Bass - 5

Reverb ? 3

Billie Joe Armstrong (older) of Green Day

Gain:9

Treble:10

Mid:8

Bass:5

Reverb:3

I don't think The Pod is really a "must have" for the Bj sound as it's only another amp sim.

If you need more just Google "Billie Joe Armstrong amp settings". You can also Google "Billie Joe Armstrong equipment list" to see what other guitars FX etc he used.

Hope that helps a bit.

Cool- great info!

Archived