Gibson Brands Forums

Taking a trip

moej45

After realizing there are no 5 star dealers near me a couple of months ago...I headed to the dreaded GC and bought my J45 which I love. But just found out the Music Emporium in Lexington(15 mins away_) became a 5 star dealer. Heading there at lunch and will be back with a full report!

After realizing there are no 5 star dealers near me a couple of months ago...I headed to the dreaded GC and bought my J45 which I love. But just found out the Music Emporium in Lexington(15 mins away_) became a 5 star dealer. Heading there at lunch and will be back with a full report!

Don't forget to take your credit card! [smile]

Don't forget to take your credit card! [smile]

Wow...what a shop. First off the place is gorgeous...nice space with oriental rugs and couches for playing. TONS of folk instruments and what a Gibson selection. A few great vintage LG2's, a $10k 50's SJ200. Gotta say I played almost all the current Gibsons and WOW....the Studio SJ200 is just out of this world. THAT is my next guitar.

BTW...played both the Kevin Kopp and John Walker's take on the J45. Wonderful guitars and the Walker riverwise has the SICKEST snburst I have seen. BUT....they were a little too "stiff" for me. Thats not the right way to say it but I feel I would never play one of these guitars out. And for me thats what its all about. The tone and look were gorgeous but almost too nice I think for me to take out to a bar.

Also played some Collings....wonderful instruments. Note clarity was off the charts...not right for what I do but I can see the attraction there.

Did you play this one? It's a pretty good deal, maybe thanks to ol' Ralph personalizing it.

-- Bob R

Nope. I left this one alone....as there is NO way I would ever buy it(currently) I figured better not to fall in love

I love these trips, its like being a little boy in a candystore. Thanks for the write up. Yes, i remember there was a studio J-200 in my local shop that was truly oustanding earlier in the year. It went very quickly. They have another studio and standard J-200's in there now, but theyre not as good as that studio.

I love this place - my local acoustic specialty shop. I got my Taylor 812ce there a decade agoand bought a 00-15 for my brother from them too. A truly outstanding place to while away an afternoon, and a great place to do business with too. It's been a long time since they've carried new Gibsons.

Archived