Gibson Brands Forums

pink floyd will never record again...

S t e v e

Pink Floyd star Nick Mason is adamant the legendary band will never record again because there is no longer any money in making music.

The rock trio has played together several times over the last few years, but there are currently no plans for a full reunion.

Mason is convinced a new Pink Floyd album would be a waste of time anyway, because it would not earn them any money.

He tells Britain's Daily Express, "I think there's no chance of going back into the studio because that would be a waste of everyone's time. It takes so long to make a recording, which is sort of devalued, as a lot of records have been... They're downloaded for nothing so you end up spending a year working on something that was just a giveaway."

can't say i'm sorry, they are the most boring band ever in the history of the universe #-o

I must admit.. I used to loathe Pink Floyd. I changed my opinion about them around a year ago. Now I think they are (were) absolutely brilliant.

I can see why certain personality types might find them boring... it's deep stuff.

can't say i'm sorry, they are the most boring band ever in the history of the universe #-o

Of course, you are certainly entitled to feel that way. I will only point out that Dark Side Of The Moon has been on the Billboard charts longer than any album in history, almost double the next placeholder (who is Johnny Mathis BTW).

They clearly don't bore everyone. [thumbup]

Of course, you are certainly entitled to feel that way. I will only point out that Dark Side Of The Moon has been on the Billboard charts longer than any album in history, almost double the next placeholder (who is Johnny Mathis BTW).

They clearly don't bore everyone. [thumbup]

every one of their songs is miserable, even gilmours voice is dull and i can't think of one song that could make you smile...depressing siht imho [-(

if the only concern is the money, then clearly the soul isn't in it anyway. when you can't differentiate your "art" from your "product", you're probably doing us all a favor not producing more.

oh, and Dark Side of the Moon is an AWESOME album. :)

I've never rated Floyd. Boring. If you listen to 'brick in the wall'. You'll hear that these middle class t***ts are taking the p out of working class. Double negatives in the working class bits. It annoys me. The working class are the backbone of every country.

every one of their songs is miserable, even gilmours voice is dull and i can't think of one song that could make you smile...depressing siht imho [-(

If you hate them so much why do you read about them and post something about them? Is it only to be able to say how much you hate them?

I recently saw a video of Gilmour in Poland and he did "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", his tribute to Syd Barrett, and I must say it was spine-tingling.

They don't have to make any more recordings, their body of work is quite large enough for any fan.

If you hate them so much why do you read about them and post something about them? Is it only to be able to say how much you hate them?

I recently saw a video of Gilmour in Poland and he did "Shine On You Crazy Diamond", his tribute to Syd Barrett, and I must say it was spine-tingling.

They don't have to make any more recordings, their body of work is quite large enough for any fan.

i don't "hate" them, i respect them for the musicians they are...but their songs i find depressing.

just expressing an opinion and wanting a discussion...that's all [rolleyes]

Wow. What a news flash. Dave and Roger cant even be in the same room together. Richard is dead. Syd is bat sh*t crazy. And Nick says no more records. Wow. Thanks, Nick. Your last studio album is almost 20 years old any you (the least important member of the band) have declared no more albums. Thanks for the update.

The Beatles have also announced that they will not be making any more records.

Honestly I'm not surprised that you dislike them. It seems like if the artist/band isn't Gary Moore, mall metal, or dudes who want to prance around in black clothes pretending to be a vampiric Motley Crue you think it's rubbish. You don't start threads like these for a logical discussion, you post something inflammatory fishing for knee jerk reactions (let's face it, posting threads talking crap on Hendrix and Pink Floyd? You choose artists with an exorbitant amount of fans and try to suck them into a verbal firefight).

Pink Floyd could never create another record and I'd be ok with that. Their body of work speaks for itself and I still kick myself sometimes for passing on the Roger Waters tour, but the shock of $300 for a scalped ticket quickly turned me away from the opportunity. I like 'em, just not that much.

ok, someone post a floyd song in this thread that i WON'T find dull/boring/sad/depressing...go on [unsure]

Why? You've already pronounced them the most boring bad ever in the history of the universe. That's quite an obstacle to open mind.

I am not trying to be mean or anything, but have you considered going to the Ibanez forum? You would probably find much more discussion to your taste, such as: "y3ah d00d, p1nk f1oyd sucksss brah, tey n33d moar shred, its just cuz dey suck. Steve Vai is the only good player evar"

I am not trying to be mean or anything, but have you considered going to the Ibanez forum? You would probably find much more discussion to your taste, such as: "y3ah d00d, p1nk f1oyd sucksss brah, tey n33d moar shred, its just cuz dey suck. Steve Vai is the only good player evar"

My thoughts exactly [thumbup]

He probably thinks Sabbath is boring too :rolleyes:

I keep wondering to myself is the reason why artists aren't putting out many albums these days because of how people can download them on the internet or because word of mouth is a million times faster these days that if the album is awful it will tank for sure.

As for Steve, listen to the solo in The Wall.. maybe it doesn't do it for you but I think it sounds awesome. It's one of the best examples of guitar tone on record in my opinion. [thumbup]

Everyone has an opinion and everyone has an A$$ hole and they all stink... some just worse than others.

Personally I think Gilmour has one of those signature tones that is very recognizable and that's a good thing because not many guitarist can do that. For example I couldn't pick out a Gary Moore solo from a line up because he sounded like every other garage band guitarist. But that's just my humble opinion.

i tried the ibby forum but i didn't like it over there, you guys have more class [thumbup]

Archived