Gibson Brands Forums

LP Traditional Pro Split P-90s

PupDaddy

I had been looking for a LP with P-90s and found this new model which looks very interesting.

http://www2.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-Split-Coil-P-90s.aspx

The only problem is that I can't seem to find them anywhere. Anybody know where they are available?

Also, I'm curious as to whether Gibson is going to make the Gold Top version available with the slimmer 60s neck. Seems odd that you can only have the 50s neck in the Gold Top.

I'll probably come off as a smart-***, but if you read the description on the page it says it is exclusive to Guitar Center. (Insert smilie here) :) I bought one in August and I love it! I got the goldtop w/50's neck. One really great guitar!

My bad. I need to read more carefully.

I did track one down at GC in NYC and it is suh-weet. I took it home.

I'll probably come off as a smart-***, but if you read the description on the page it says it is exclusive to Guitar Center. (Insert smilie here) :) I bought one in August and I love it! I got the goldtop w/50's neck. One really great guitar!

Does anyone know if these P-90 routs will accomadate a Humbucker without further routing?

I ask because I can affor this model, finally and am dying to get it. But If I do not like the P-90's I want to be able to swap in some humbuckers.

Thanks Folks

Frank

Does anyone know if these P-90 routs will accomadate a Humbucker without further routing?

I ask because I can affor this model, finally and am dying to get it. But If I do not like the P-90's I want to be able to swap in some humbuckers.

Thanks Folks

Frank

P90s are are thinner, and longer than humbuckers. Putting a humbucker in there would require routing, which the mounting ring should cover. So the short answer is no.

An alternative to consider could be mini-humbuckers, and Dimarzio also makes P90 sized humbuckers.

Archived