Gibson Brands Forums

Canadian Bands

neilpanda

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BIG SUGAR, BIG WRECK (also see Thornley - lead singer Ian Thornley gone solo), Grimskunk, The Guess Who, Dream Theater's James Labrie is from Canada, RUSH, former Skid Row singer Sebastian Bach is Canadian,Wide Mouth Mason.... That should give some people a few things to look up. :rolleyes:

Ummm yeah but watch the video... it's only partly Rush

DUH...I assumed.

It had been so long sinse I heard that song I really couldn't remember much about what it sounded like.

But still, RUSH is a GREAT band. They have put out so much good stuff it makes any bad stuff that comes from Canada a non-issue.

So..take off eh?

Hi,

Sorry but what do you have against Nickelback, perhaps do you find them too commercial?

I don't care, a good song is a good song, no matter if it is not rebel music or not very technical stuff, they have a very good sound, songs and they're good live so, I don't think they deserve to be considered as 'accident'.

By the way, I like Metallica, Slayer, Brian Adams, Lenny Kravitz, Iron Maiden, Stevie Ray, Clapton, Gary Moore, Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Megadeth, Protest the hero, Avril Lavigne, Phil Collins, Katy Perry, etc..... [biggrin]

In the end, it is just music! :)

I think Nickleback is a good band. They are a bit over exposed these days and long doses of their stuff can start to sound repetitive to me but "Pop my pills from a Pez dispenser" my be the greatest rock lyric ever recorded. They are the cool band to hate these days. If you hate them you are instantly cool. [thumbup]

Sheepdogs are pretty cool. They sound like they came out of the '70s.

The Tragically Hip are one of my favourite bands but they'r one of those either love them or hate them bands.

Our lady Peace is another that hasn't been mentioned yet. They were really popular up here. I liked their first album but nothing really after it.

Archived