Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

Surfpup - Liked Bible and The Bottle, well done, I hear a lot of Mr. Neil Young in there! Hope that does make you wince, I like that stuff

1988SG - Jake Speede is awesome, GREAT work all around (vocal and guitar) and a nice recording, and I really loved the video production. Top shelf Stuff!

MisterK, Loved your 12 string version of that classic Beatles tune, great singing. Gotta go see the rest now..

/KB

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... and also let me know if you think I should add some reverb to my vocal track.

Thanks!

Nice job, MistaK! I like it. I wouldn't add verb because I think it sounds closer and more immediate without. I might verb the dlubled vocal in the chorus a little bit. (Though I would suggest trying a harmony instead of the double - it's begging for it!)

Nice job, MistaK! I like it. I wouldn't add verb because I think it sounds closer and more immediate without. I might verb the dlubled vocal in the chorus a little bit. (Though I would suggest trying a harmony instead of the double - it's begging for it!)

Thanks, Surf! I might just do that!

Here's what I have been working on lately....

I shared an early version with a couple of y'all and got good feedback. Since then I have added live bass and a solo (though its a little loud in the mix at the moment)...

https://www.box.com/...4630d26e88489eb

Remember, I consider myself a rhythm player....the solo is not amazing...its fully improvised but I think I did ok.

Great work BucketShred. Sounds great, I can hear the BH influence. [thumbup]

I shared an early version with a couple of y'all and got good feedback. Since then I have added live bass and a solo (though its a little loud in the mix at the moment)...

https://www.box.com/s/b54094630d26e88489eb

Remember, I consider myself a rhythm player....the solo is not amazing...its fully improvised but I think I did ok.

I've been going back through a few of these today and this is just amazing. Very nice work. [thumbup]

https://www.box.com/s/b54094630d26e88489eb

Good stuff [thumbup] Sounds like the beginning of a film or something :)

Loved your stuff Searcy, Roger and Matt (badblues, loved yours, too, but couldn't get past string squeeking). Here's one for you guys:

On An Island

zz I think you shared this one with me before. I just gave it another listen...very nicely done. The mood is there for sure...feels lonely!

Loved your stuff Searcy, Roger and Matt (badblues, loved yours, too, but couldn't get past string squeeking). Here's one for you guys:

On An Island

There are a lot of great melodic ideas in there. I could stand it to be a tiny bit shorter but I have a short attention span. :unsure:

Archived