Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

if we klik the image we go to recording on Photobucket and we can hear the recording...nothing wrong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I made one my self too with the dobro for which I made a saddle from a red billiard ball...

Dobro sounds great. I love dobro. I had one years ago that I traded for a dining room set..lol.

But it was to a friend so I can still play it when I go there.

That red saddle looks really cool. Nice job.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@quapman: that's a nice slow jam you got going. If that's you all rusty, what are you like properly warmed and trained? man, I gotta practice!

Proof that I am at work:

Thank you Izzy. I was alot smoother many years ago so it's a little frustrating but it's great to be back playing.

We are all a work in progress,, lol.

Love your voice. Great emotion and dynamics.

Can I have 1 minute of your time.

I played on my ES175 a ZZ'topisch riff and after that also with the ES175 I played the solo... what an archtop can do :)

I need a drummer and a bass, that would bring some relaxation grooves in my playstyle I guess.

It is not that good but I hear where I come from and I am happy I can produce this noise. [woot]

My link

I liked Red billiard ball, sweet Blues toon!

Went out on the front porch this morning and embarked on the dubious task of learning Mother Nature Son.... My band wants to do this song at our next little show (Tribute to the White Album)..... Didn't realize how difficult this little tune is [confused].... It's gonna take me a week or so to get it polished enough to play in front of people [scared] .... I also need to learn the words, because I dont think "doo doo doo" is gonna cut it [biggrin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKTO28vqQZQ&feature=BFa&list=UUN5fpMV5-njXJjntUdP6cww

Went out on the front porch this morning and embarked on the dubious task of learning Mother Nature Son.... My band wants to do this song at our next little show (Tribute to the White Album)..... Didn't realize how difficult this little tune is [confused].... It's gonna take me a week or so to get it polished enough to play in front of people [scared] .... I also need to learn the words, because I dont think "doo doo doo" is gonna cut it [biggrin]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKTO28vqQZQ&feature=BFa&list=UUN5fpMV5-njXJjntUdP6cww

This may be right but some times these web site's are not correct with the chord's.

http://www.azchords.com/b/beatles-tabs-410/mothernaturesson-tabs-101025.html

I dont learn songs that way.... I'm stuck doing it the way I've been doing it since I was 10.... Basically play it the way I hear it, then go to the record and fix whatever I'm screwing up [biggrin].... I have trouble learning songs the way others interpret it.... Especially a song I'm gonna sing

@ scooter, Great song, catchy and fun. Love the way you get into it! ^.^

So what recording gear are you using? whats the room your recording in like?

To be honest when I did that particular song I wasn't using a "soundbooth."

I just plugged into my audio interface and recorded my guitar and vocals separate. Made a pop filter with pantyhose and a hanger, lol.

The last song I posted here I set up the vocal recording area around the mic to be like a soundbooth (sort of) and I heard the difference.

I play in a room that is pretty big, don't have noise deflectors anywhere. I sit on a stool and play into a condenser mic. I also am just learning about plug-ins to "tweek" the sound of the song. I don't know what to use, really, as plugins go or how to get a better sound, but I am learning, watching tutorials and experimenting with the DAW. That first song you pointed out, I didn't even use EQ on.

Tips? 8-[

Jeeeee that is cool! Nice one! Thanks RaysEpiphone,,,Ill be getting some new vid edit software soon so I can make real Vids! LOL!! Paul Stanley?,,{IM not laughing at him,, Im laughing because your about the 10th person this month that has made reference to my vocal being sortof like his} ,,,Ill have to take that as a compliment,,now if I could only learn to sing as good as ,,say,,,,David Coverdale,,,or Robert Plant,,,or Ian Gillian,,,,,,lol. Id be all set! Cheers

@ scooter, Great song, catchy and fun. Love the way you get into it! ^.^ Why Thanks for the kind words,,Its kindof a basic homemade deal,,but with some new vid edit software,,Ill be doing real videos soon,,this was just to get the song out there,,and I also wanted to share my new SG Standard,,all the trks on this are the SG.{except Bass} Amazing Guitar,,I love it!

Learning to use the recording gear...feel free to make sugestions *coughLEARNYOURSCALES I know I know

Hey ,,thats very nice. Id like to hear this with about 3-4 of your vocal harmonies added to it,would be amazing! Sounds great Izzy.

Messed with this last night...

As stated...incomplete...but I like the intro. May isolate it and develop it more. No real direction, but eh, that's what I like.

I like the first part.... I can for sure see a lazy river if I think about it and listen to your song! [thumbup]

@ scooter, Great song, catchy and fun. Love the way you get into it! ^.^

To be honest when I did that particular song I wasn't using a "soundbooth."

I just plugged into my audio interface and recorded my guitar and vocals separate. Made a pop filter with pantyhose and a hanger, lol.

The last song I posted here I set up the vocal recording area around the mic to be like a soundbooth (sort of) and I heard the difference.

I play in a room that is pretty big, don't have noise deflectors anywhere. I sit on a stool and play into a condenser mic. I also am just learning about plug-ins to "tweek" the sound of the song. I don't know what to use, really, as plugins go or how to get a better sound, but I am learning, watching tutorials and experimenting with the DAW. That first song you pointed out, I didn't even use EQ on.

Tips? 8-[

I'll be honest with you to, I don't have any "good" room's to track in ether, you just need to look around the place you do have and do some test recording's with different mic types and placement's of the mic until you find the right spot for all. And you really need a mixer and some usable converter's. Don't try and build a sound-booth because you'll never get it right, don't worry about plug-ins ether as "polishing a turd" is not the way ether. I find the room in the house with the highest ceiling, wood floor's and the most angle's in the walls (perfectly parallel walls are bad).

I'm a snob when it comes to quality gear but I do understand the use of some lower cost gear, some names are good, some are not as good and many names are all about the same at the cheep(er) level's. When you understand the room your working with the brand names will matter some-what less but crap gear is always going to be crap gear. Hope this helps

I'll be honest with you to, I don't have any "good" room's to track in ether, you just need to look around the place [] don't worry about plug-ins ether as "polishing a turd" is not the way ether. I find the room in the house with the highest ceiling, wood floor's and the most angle's in the walls (perfectly parallel walls are bad).

I know what you mean now...spend an hour tweeking and another learning about fx and another tweeking to find out....maybe I need to re-record. Maybe I need to practice too, lol!

@badbluesplayer Nice little jam you made there. Short and sweet!

What happened to Blackie, I remember that guy...

Don't know if I ever posted this one or not but it's a recording/video I made back in 2010 of one of my favorite Bowie song's from the 70's. Yamaha FG730 Rosewood guitar that I never really liked the sound of. Grabbed some stock NASA footage off the webbs and shot my stuff with a regular old Sony HandyCam (tape) on a cheap tripod and over-dubbed with a recording I made on my Mac/MOTU rig, there's one part where the sound and video didn't sync up to good but it's not to bad for a home-made video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t09OB_Rsjxw&feature=plcp

Don't know if I ever posted this one or not but it's a recording/video I made back in 2010 of one of my favorite Bowie song's from the 70's. Yamaha FG730 Rosewood guitar that I never really liked the sound of. Shot with a regular old Sony HandyCam (tape) on a cheap tripod and over-dubbed with a recording I made on my Mac/MOTU rig, there's one part where the sound and video didn't sync up to good but it's not to bad for a home-made video.

I've enjoyed every second of this, +1! VERY NICE!! (I am a Bowie fan pur sang, see my sig)

Archived