Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

Who is you? The guitar guy or the singer...with a name like Corrosion of Comformity I expected your music to be, uhm...hard core?

I dig the folk, just unexpected. Gitarist is a hottie, btw...would make a hot chick. I mean hat in a very good way. Not sure how guys take that sort of thing, hmmm? Is the vid backwards or is he/you a lefty?

Here is my latest recording, please tell me if it sounds better than my last recording. I mean in terms of audio...learning the software and how-to's of recording still. Tips and concrit wellcome [thumbup]

Strange as this is the only track I can find on your page now... You had more I remember just can't pull them up now, link them both so I can compare.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason, that title is perfect for that song.

ow did you think of it. I like the slight surfer feel, the calmness...very cool.

Thanks. Originally, I had another lead track over the rhythm part and called it Cool Blue Jam. I liked the lead in Cool Blue Jelly better. The lead was done with an ES-335 and a Gretsch G6120 Nashville. I love the way that 6120 records.

Played a last min show here in NC today to some cool folk's! Here's one of the better song's for me today. I got to get some more lighting, maybe there's a lighting-fairy that will leave some for me under my road case for being a good-boy! LOL!

It takes guts to get onstage.

I've only ever done it drunk on kareoki night for fun.

You have a surprisingly adorable voice. I'd take you for a teen.

Nice interpretation, RaysE. ^.^V

Izzy...

You're maybe just trying too hard thinking about "the stage." You have a nice voice and frankly it seems you're somehow looking for a style. Heck, just be you; it sounds good.

Besides, then you don't have to spend so much on booze. <grin>

m

Nice job RaysEpi...

It takes guts to get onstage.

I've only ever done it drunk on kareoki night for fun.

You have a surprisingly adorable voice. I'd take you for a teen.

Nice interpretation, RaysE. ^.^V

Thank you friends, I do enjoy playing & singing and some times it comes out good. It's a bonus when I do some good show's too as there have been many shows when I felt like sneaking out the back door :unsure: ! I will tell you Lizzy, the thing that cured me of stage fright was my first show, 1982, me and my High-School band mate's, in front of 2K + people when I was 18 years old. First song was rough but after that it was just like rehearsal, we spent a month of solid time practicing (about 3 or 4 times a week), 4 song's we did on that day. I was on drums and we had no singer or bass player, just me, 2 guitars and a guy playing electric piano, I didn't start singing/playing in the band until 5 years later.

2 more songs from my bands EP are up ! Let me know what ya think :)

My link

Love the intro to the Widow song. Great song!!!! Don't tell him I say but the singer sounds awesome. Singers don't need ego stroking, seriously. Jamming the sh*t out of it now \m/>.<\m/

Here's a new video clip from a Blues Jam with some guys I know in Greensboro, NC. I'm playing drums on both song's and playing drums & lead singing on Crossroad's (2nd song). [cool]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YguviauCB4Q&feature=youtu.be

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YguviauCB4Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

finally attempted to record something classical. This is Estudio 6 in D Major, written by Fernando Sor, transcribed by Segovia. My teacher has me playing several of the Segovia/Sor Estudios, they're nice and progressive studies.

... recording classical guitar is HARD! :)

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6702426/estudio6.mp3

Don

solista.jpg

ray, that was a sweet little jam you had going there.

is that a group tyou play with no the regular?

Thanks mucho! No Izzy, I've not been in a regular band since 1994, that was just a Blues Jam in a near-by city with some guy's I barely know, good player's non the less. I've been going to this Jam for the past month or so every Wednesday night, some people I see there every week some not so much.

So ive not been playing so much recently.. been feeling a bit lost with it all.. But then I picked up my guitar today and all of a sudden started playing the chords to Master Blaster which ive never even played before (maybe influenced Izzy's thread the other day ;))

So ive just been jamming the main chords tonight.. What do you think... Worth doing a full version?.. Yay or Nay?? :unsure:

(and sorry for the bad notes but was just jamming to see what came out :))

So ive not been playing so much recently.. been feeling a bit lost with it all.. But then I picked up my guitar today and all of a sudden started playing the chords to Master Blaster which ive never even played before (maybe influenced Izzy's thread the other day ;))

So ive just been jamming the main chords tonight.. What do you think... Worth doing a full version?.. Yay or Nay?? :unsure:

(and sorry for the bad notes but was just jamming to see what came out :))

I like the flanger on the one guitar

Archived