Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I like about this particular thread is that everyone posts clips of their playing.

When songs are posted like this people either listen to them or don't. If they hear it and don't like it, it doesn't get flamed

When you make a whole new thread of just your playing everyone bashes it and it get ruined.

I think this seems more fair and is the best way to post a song.

I'd like to say there is some great talented people on this forum.

I've been playing guitar since I was a kid and I still have room for improvement.

Guitar playing as with any instrument, is an art and a skill that takes mastering.

I sometimes say that I'm more of a guitar collector than a player (I own 19 guitars and I probably only play 5)

Someone once told me on this forum that you can't be a guitar player and guitar collector. I don't understand why not really.

I may even be more of a poet than a musician, but when you combine the two I think it makes good materiel.

Music with great lyrics is where it's at. It doesn't have to make sense either really.

I think some of the best songs are deep lyrically, totally expressive, and definitely have a feel to them. u dig?

Jim Morrison and The doors are one of my favorites in music and inspiration.

I know I suck at guitar, but big deal; I make up for it in song writing.

I challenge anyone that plays better guitar to write a better song.

I think a lot of it obviously depends on personal taste in musical genre and simply what you like to hear.

Music is a way of life for me and is how I express myself and feelings.

Music is Freedom

I love what I do. I love music, guitars and everything about them/it.

I wouldn't trade it for any other thing. I consider my artistic ability a true gift from God.

It isn't always about sounding good, but it IS rather about giving it all you got.

That is all you can do. Never quit, Never give up. Long Live Rock N' Roll [thumbup]

The latest video I've put together from the always fun and Blues Cool Wednesday-night Jam at a Restaurant/Bar in Greensboro, NC. I'm just playing drums in this one. Kind of an obscure song that I'd never heard before tonight but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYRd8Vs4dl0&feature=youtu.be

Don't know why I'm having this problem of posting video here. [confused]

The latest video I've put together from the always fun and Blues Cool Wednesday-night Jam at a Restaurant/Bar in Greensboro, NC. I'm just playing drums in this one. Kind of an obscure song that I'd never heard before tonight but I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYRd8Vs4dl0&feature=youtu.be

Don't know why I'm having this problem of posting video here. [confused]

Ray, here is your video.

Hit quote reply to see how I did it, your URL was messed up.

Ray, here is your video.

Hit quote reply to see how I did it, your URL was messed up.

Thanks Corey! Your a good guy [thumbup] ! I think it maybe some thing to do with up-load time, seems if I wait 24 hours after I post it on Youtube it work's here. I was able to link it on Facebook last night so I don't know.

Nice bud! Here's a video lesson on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhqS68NjQaY

It is actually played different on a 12 string I think.

That is why the song is done on a double neck.

I'm not sure how the 12 string version is played.

I play on a normal six string with a capo on the 2nd fret.

The chords are:

Am E G D,

F C Dm E. That's how I know it.

I'm not too good at chords really.

I just watched the video and according to it the song is played on a 12 string with a capo on the 5th fret

These chords are:

Em B7 Dsus7 Aadd9

C G Am B7.

I don't even own a 12 string guitar.

I'm a simple type of person that doesn't like to complicate things.

I'm a self taught guitarist and I play mostly by the way it sounds

It is actually played different on a 12 string I think.

That is why the song is done on a double neck.

I'm not sure how the 12 string version is played.

I play on a normal six string with a capo on the 2nd fret.

The chords are:

Am E G D,

F C Dm E. That's how I know it.

I'm not too good at chords really.

I just watched the video and according to it the song is played on a 12 string with a capo on the 5th fret

These chords are:

Em B7 Dsus7 Aadd9

C G Am B7.

I don't even own a 12 string guitar.

I'm a simple type of person that doesn't like to complicate things.

I'm a self taught guitarist and I play mostly by the way it sounds

If you transpose it, you are playing the same progression (minus the little extras like sevenths and nineths); just one step up.

Here is a nice little song that I done originally by Johnny Cash.

I play country as well, but not much of it.

I don't limit myself to one particular genre, although I do stay true to myself and my own music.

I like all kinds of stuff really except Rap, Hip Hop, and Pop.

So here is another one from me...

http://soundcloud.com/theludnuts/johnny-cash-cover-by-jake

Here is a nice little song that I done originally by Johnny Cash.

I play country as well, but not much of it.

I don't limit myself to one particular genre, although I do stay true to myself and my own music.

I like all kinds of stuff really except Rap, Hip Hop, and Pop.

So here is another one from me...

http://soundcloud.com/theludnuts/johnny-cash-cover-by-jake

Cool, next time have your recording mic closer to your mouth than to your guitar and the balance may come out better.

I have not been here in a long time. And this top is still living! I listened up to the 20th page, and then I finally got tired. There are a lot of good records and fragments here. Matt, of course, is matchless. And Blackbird and Mother Nature’s Son, I've always loved these songs, thanks to them I learned to sing and play guitar.

Tman, a magical atmosphere is there in your Mather Nature’s Son [thumbup] .

I do not have new records, but with your permission I will show Elvis’s song Falling In Love with by a singer, fan of Elvis. As a matter of fact [sneaky] , then no one has learned their parts of this song, though I had ready my guitar part beforehand. But our bass player was from other band and he could not clearly understand what chords I play, :) because I imitated the piano part on my guitar. And that singer, sorry for his English, but it seems this was not bad.

I have not been here in a long time. And this top is still living! I listened up to the 20th page, and then I finally got tired. There are a lot of good records and fragments here. Matt, of course, is matchless. And Blackbird and Mother Nature’s Son, I've always loved these songs, thanks to them I learned to sing and play guitar.

Tman, a magical atmosphere is there in your Mather Nature’s Son [thumbup] .

I do not have new records, but with your permission I will show Elvis’s song Falling In Love with by a singer, fan of Elvis. As a matter of fact [sneaky] , then no one has learned their parts of this song, though I had ready my guitar part beforehand. But our bass player was from other band and he could not clearly understand what chords I play, :) because I imitated the piano part on my guitar. And that singer, sorry for his English, but it seems this was not bad.

I bet the girls liked that one! I believe I could hear them singing along, this makes a show so much better when your audience really likes your song's. Nice work!

Archived