Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heres just a little jam i had for myself trying to put together riffs to the band. Main goal here was to have two vers guitar that plays a bit different but melt together. Do it sound ok? or is it just a mess [biggrin]

jam

Very cool,Sellen. A chord G can be added (IMO) as a short passage for the second time of the guitar riff.

Sellen, if to do a song [thumbup] on the basis of your guitars riffs then perhaps these riffs must be adapted more precisely to a melodic line of the song. Sometimes such reefs are preserved during singing, but more often they are slightly changed to fit to singing. As example, this may be a song I Feel Fine (The Beatles), its solo guitar plays a single tracery in the song, but during singing this tracery, though it is similar as the intro, but yet it becomes a little another when a singer begins, and after singing (between whiles) the tracery back again to the intro and so on, - this is the usual method to fit a guitar riff in songs.

Heres just a little jam i had for myself trying to put together riffs to the band. Main goal here was to have two vers guitar that plays a bit different but melt together. Do it sound ok? or is it just a mess [biggrin]

jam

YES!

You and me would make killer pop together. That was Ac/DC style but even peppier. Seriously, where do you live, lets hang out and make 80s music. [thumbup]

YES!

You and me would make killer pop together. That was Ac/DC style but even peppier. Seriously, where do you live, lets hang out and make 80s music. [thumbup]

Thanks Izzy, you are a cool cat. Sadly i live in Norway so .........

Having heard your new tune today and recent stuff i honestly believe you need to find bunch of real musician. You have a great voice, that catch my attention.

This riffs and some other stuff we are gonna record this summer, just for fun. But it trigger the (hobby)band to nail the songs and get some inputs from the studio tech.

Did this a couple of years ago when we where pretty fresh, hopefully it gets a bit better this time.

Hears an example from last recording and how simple a song can be [biggrin]

thoothless Johnny

Think I've done it right:

I hope this takes anyone interested to my new Soundcloud page. 4 tracks in no particular order, all of which are a bit old now; I could add more recent stuff but it's jazz standards so copyright issues there....I might change the picture too.

Hmm...I'm not sure what 'here's the drop' refers to, either. :mellow:

Walking and talking. Regards!

Jdgm, I listened several times your things , a couple of days ago and again today. The arrangements are excellent [thumbup] .

But there is one flaw in the sound. An instrument playing solo part fades in the sound of other instruments, though a solo line must be a little highlighted. For this for example, sound engineers at studios use double tracks or even slightly deteriorate background (other instruments) to highlight the main solo. For example, in your first two things a guitar is too masked into the sound of background (compare, for example, the sound of Selen’s guitar in his jam on this page). Though, recording a guitar at home with computer is not an easy task, but however… Now I am seriously engaged in it. In the fourth thing, the sax (solo instrument) has the same tone dissolving this sax in general sound. Because of this, the things a little lose in the whole (IMO).

For example to clarify the said thought, I can to show one old record, classic jazz, to highlight the main line a tutti manner was used (my guitar is in accompaniment and in the tutti too) :

Or here in other style, likely a jam of piano (Yamaha keyboard) and my guitar (old record too, sorry) where these two solo instruments are slightly highlighted:

Many thanks Valeriy....I don't disagree....I'm not a great mixer and I think I did much of these mixes on headphones which is not a good way to do it. I was learning each time but I didn't know then, still don't know exactly how to produce a perfect mix when there are so many sounds and timbres sitting in a similar frequency bandwidth. Obviously some have to be thinner for the others to have room and this must be done by turning something down...I probably never did which is why it sounds a bit 'crowded' perhaps.

But at the time you can imagine I was so very happy to have even got that far!!

Sellen, if to do a song [thumbup] on the basis of your guitars riffs then perhaps these riffs must be adapted more precisely to a melodic line of the song. Sometimes such reefs are preserved during singing, but more often they are slightly changed to fit to singing. As example, this may be a song I Feel Fine (The Beatles), its solo guitar plays a single tracery in the song, but during singing this tracery, though it is similar as the intro, but yet it becomes a little another when a singer begins, and after singing (between whiles) the tracery back again to the intro and so on, - this is the usual method to fit a guitar riff in songs.

Did't catch this reply last time i was in, that's some great inputs [thumbup] We did struggle a bit in the start but when the singer starts on 2 in bar 1, and stops before riffs end it got pretty cool. And i have gotten the riff a bit more groovy since this recording to.

MR E is pretty cool AXE!!

Get down with your strummy, open tuned, Nick Drake sounding self! [thumbup] I dig this side of you, man. eusa_clap.gif Glad you shared it.

+1.

AXE® WHY you no sing along!?

What? You didn't hear anything, Izzy?

Weird. I was hearing all sorts of John Martyn words, whispers and mumbles the whole way through that.

[thumbup]

Thanks, AXE® !

P.

Archived