Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

Complete show off song: Freebird from last Saturday night. People were screaming for it at the end of the show so we gave it to them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53rvGHhdVRQ

Excellent performance sir. Your enjoyment is 100% infectious - I loved every second. Plus, you got up from being down on your knees; a) without using your hands and B) without missing a beat! I need a roadie to drag me back upright nowadays!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I made this video for AXE because he likes my V and I said I would.

It is my first video of me playing. I didn't have solid plans of what I'd play...you can so tell.

Afterwards I watched and I think it is a good opportunity to ask...what are my bad habits?

Seriously, if ya'll see something obviously f'ed up about what I'm doing, let me know [biggrin]

I never use a pick. Just putting it out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0qcjeAaqmo

Dear Izzy, I watched the video of you playing the guitar and as you wish to know a bit about how some of us may feel about it I want to give you a few thought's. First you seem very on-edge and not focusing on what your doing, nervous, not to sure of what your going to play. Don't let that type of thing get to you as every one has been nervous in-front of an audience until they do it enough that it becomes more habit then performance.

I think I'll post an early video of mine and you can see how it was for me, I still get nervous & make a mistake here and there but now that I've played my set-list for so long, it's not difficult for me. It's more natural now and I don't even have to look at my fret hand much any more. That make's it easier to concentrate on "smiling" more and making eye-contact with my audience (or the camera) when I do have a show. I'll put up a link to an old video of mine when I can get one up-loaded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-FDosAHMl8

Dear Izzy, I watched the video of you playing the guitar and as you wish to know a bit about how some of us may feel about it I want to give you a few thought's. First you seen very on-edge and not focusing on what your doing, nervous, not to sure of what your going to play. Don't let that type of thing get to you as every one has been nervous in-front of an audience until they do it enough that it becomes more habit then performance.

I think I'll post an early video of mine and you can see how it was for me, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-FDosAHMl8

Thanks for posting your vid. I like how you sing. Thanks for the tips too. I never use that guitar so it made it harder for me not to second-guess myself.

@ badbluesplayer

I like the enthus and the sound of each of you is good but...ensamble felt a bit off-synch or maybe it was the volumes of the instruments. I like swing a lot though, very cool.

@ badbluesplayer

I like the enthus and the sound of each of you is good but...ensamble felt a bit off-synch or maybe it was the volumes of the instruments. I like swing a lot though, very cool.

Yeah - My bad on the volume situation. I shoulda put my amp somewhere where I could hear it better. Silly Me! Slow learner! :rolleyes:

Back in Black with my custom shop angus sig and the new gretsch

using the line out, so thats not the best way. But i thought it sounded cool. I do have some practice to do all over the song, but there's some progress. Have to stop at that break after 3 choures , man i sound crap at that part. Solo also needs a lot of attention.

Anyway it's fun to do this as it's for me a bit more fun to practice, when you record and make a vid. kinda sharpens you a bit. Hope we can do this song in the future with the guys that i play with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCuSmd8uOuQ&feature=youtu.be

Excellent performance sir. Your enjoyment is 100% infectious - I loved every second. Plus, you got up from being down on your knees; a) without using your hands and B) without missing a beat! I need a roadie to drag me back upright nowadays!

Thanks so much Manse for the very kind words. I apologize for the delay in response. Been traveling

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice badbluesplayer... You have a very pleasant voice to listen too and nice guitar playing... Just two things you have to work on. You need to get some better glasses and work on your camera angle... Lots of talent there but those things were distracting to me... You are so good and with just a couple small adjustments, wha laaa... A super star!!! [thumbup]

Very nice badbluesplayer... You have a very pleasant voice to listen too and nice guitar playing... Just two things you have to work on. You need to get some better glasses and work on your camera angle... Lots of talent there but those things were distracting to me... You are so good and with just a couple small adjustments, wha laaa... A super star!!! [thumbup]

Thanks, Dave. What I need is some REAL glasses - like from a real optometrist. I'll lose the glasses once I learn the tune. My problem is that I like to record something after like a half hour of trying to learn it. [unsure]

I used my iphonne to record it. Sitting on the music stand. I'm actually surprised that it worked that well. [thumbup]

Archived