Gibson Brands Forums

Walk the walk and talk the talk...

Flight959

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if I posted this before. I'm a member of the "Zipper Club."

Heres the Open Heart Surgery Blues -

I enjoyed that and am glad to see the sternotomy didn't stifle arm movements and chest motion one bit!

After severe music biz burnout..I put the guitars under the bed..in the closet for 25-30 YEARS. I started again to learn to play..not work the guitar about 18 months or so..

Learned to digitally record with the forums I read..in May..still learning that..

Never have been shy..

Not what I used to be..

Here is what I am now..

Learning to Play again..

That was outstanding! I'd say you didn't lose it, not even misplaced it. Was that home recorded? Fabulous.

I'm in the same boat, didn't play for 20 years and now trying to learn a lot of stuff that just wasn't around 20 years ago. And loving it!

May the force continue to be with you [thumbup]

very nice Tim.

I like your Crimson Fire - reminds me of Blackmore/Rainbow for some reason. Good stuff! [thumbup]

Hey thanks alot. That one was just one of those things that just came out one evening without any planning. Kind of on the spot jam. Glad you liked it!!!

• 2 months later...

I'm the guitarist in the back… We were 8 stuck on a tiny stage… OK, the girls have heavy accents but try singing in a foreign language you don't speak… We had fun and the people enjoyed it. There's a cool jam at the end around the 4 minute mark….

• 4 weeks later...

I really like this. The overall feel is quiet pensive. I like the intro with delay and the frequent tone changes (am I right about that or was it "post processing" so to speak)? Also liked the harmony notes up and down the neck as a lead. Tough to do.

Admittedly I was a bit apprehensive of what I might be presented with given the title.

Here ya go, Kaiser Bill, a rehearsal take of "Third Rate Romance" - the old Amazing

Rhythm Aces tune. Be sure to check out the amazing last note of the solo - total

clunker! Half step flat. [cursing] It's a pretty hard lick actually, some

ascending double stops. I screw it up regularly. [biggrin]

I really like this. The overall feel is quiet pensive. I like the intro with delay and the frequent tone changes (am I right about that or was it "post processing" so to speak)? Also liked the harmony notes up and down the neck as a lead. Tough to do.

Admittedly I was a bit apprehensive of what I might be presented with given the title.

Thanks, Tman. The song was written by BB King, and I lifted the chord progression from Peter Green's version with FM. But, that is about as far as it goes- just an off-the-cuff improvisation with no real allegiance to King's version. My version swings too much for the title. And you're right, I basically recorded two lead tracks, one on the bridge pup and the other in the middle position, and bounced back and forth.

Edit: Re-listening to it, I think it sucks. The chord progression is too pretty to butcher it with that lead. Think I'll go back and re-do it.

Here ya go, Kaiser Bill, a rehearsal take of "Third Rate Romance" - the old Amazing

Rhythm Aces tune. Be sure to check out the amazing last note of the solo - total

clunker! Half step flat. [cursing] It's a pretty hard lick actually, some

ascending double stops. I screw it up regularly. [biggrin]

Great song great rendition. You guys, from the still photos, look like you're having a good time(s).

You're a bit hard on yourself. Great job on the solo. I've been recording at home lately and rarely does it take, I don't know maybe 20 takes to nail something. Playing live is much harder.

Archived