Gibson Brands Forums

If You Could Only Own One Guitar for Life, What Would It Be?

JazzGtr

Well....I will NOT be selling or trading my Collings I-35 or Gibson L-4 if I can help it.....

IMGP0036.jpg

Wily

You know I think the world of you mate but if you keep showing pics of that beautiful L4 I am on a plane to give you a slap!

Was just getting my GAS under control!

BR

John

Something else to consider as we age. Eventually, we will lay to rest the sound in our heads and feel honored that we found our tone in one guitar. And although we may own many different guitars in our lifetime, only one of those guitars will speaks to us. This will be the last guitar we will pick up and play until death. It will also begin the time we sell the rest of our guitars and feel totally content that the searching is over.

For some of us it has already started to happened. Believe it or not, this is a good thing! This will be the time in our lives that we begin to play with our souls.

Man I can't wait for that day.

=P~

Jazzgtr that day will never happen for me.Tele's rule for funk and country music,My Gibson makes me feel like a kid and play like my old heros ,Bloomfield,Peter Green,BB,and Freddy King.When I play my Strat(with Humbuckers )I'm Fusion guy and play way to many notes.My Hamer just seems to want to rock.All these types of music are in my soul and have been for the 39 years I've played guitar.

I love my ES-165 (Herb Ellis), I love my LP's R9 & R7 but if I must choose only one guitar then for all round flexibility and playability I would go with my PRS Hollowbody II. However its a very, close and hard decision as my ES -165 has got such great tone.

Archived