Gibson Brands Forums

New Epi Bass ??????

Bilcomusic

Thanks Pete, I new it was a few years old as I could not find anything new that looked like it , so I gather it is 90's Korean. A bit of a random buy not sure if I paid too much;-) just seemed pretty rare , had a look on UK and USA ebay and there are no EMB's, do you know if they are good players ???

Cheers Bill

Thanks Pete, I new it was a few years old as I could not find anything new that looked like it , so I gather it is 90's Korean. A bit of a random buy not sure if I paid too much;-) just seemed pretty rare , had a look on UK and USA ebay and there are no EMB's, do you know if they are good players ???

Cheers Bill

I own two EBMs and an Expert-6. They are fantastic players. The biggest problem with them are the electronics. The pots are scratchy and the pre-amp isnt all that great. The pickups tend to lack mids, but you can EQ the bass to get a better tone. I tend to play mine on just the neck pickup with maybe a little bit of the bridge pickup at times.

As far as payability, IMO, these basses are some of the best in those terms. They arent heavy and they have really fast necks on them. A very comfortable bass for sure. I have been playing EBMs exclusively for almost twenty years and just recently bought a different brand because I was having some problems with my gigging EBM and needed a bass quickly. I didnt have time to hunt down a used EBM, but I found another one eventually.

I own two EBMs and an Expert-6. They are fantastic players. The biggest problem with them are the electronics. The pots are scratchy and the pre-amp isnt all that great. The pickups tend to lack mids, but you can EQ the bass to get a better tone. I tend to play mine on just the neck pickup with maybe a little bit of the bridge pickup at times.

As far as payability, IMO, these basses are some of the best in those terms. They arent heavy and they have really fast necks on them. A very comfortable bass for sure. I have been playing EBMs exclusively for almost twenty years and just recently bought a different brand because I was having some problems with my gigging EBM and needed a bass quickly. I didnt have time to hunt down a used EBM, but I found another one eventually.

Thanks for the info, I should get it by thursday, ill give it the once over and let you know how it is, as for price I may have paid a little over the odds, in Dollars probably $230 .... too much ???

Thanks for the info, I should get it by thursday, ill give it the once over and let you know how it is, as for price I may have paid a little over the odds, in Dollars probably $230 .... too much ???

No, thats a good price. the 4-string models sell for around $250+ and the 5-string models usually sell for around $300-350. I paid $150 for a 5-string with a bad neck...and was happy to do so because the rest of the guitar was immaculate.

Archived