Gibson Brands Forums

Why and What -

E-minor7

The Gibson bulletin board's native search is somewhat frustrating. I have found google advanced search to be more useful. At the bottom of the form there is a "search within a site or domain" input line where you put: forum.gibson.com . You can also grab the url on the Gibson Acoustic page of the forum and use it to search only within this forum. It gives you much better logical search options and it's fast.

Note that there is a little plus sign you can expand at the bottom of the google advanced search page and one of the resulting options is "where your keywords show up". If you pick 'in the title of the page' you get threads with the search words in the thread title.

I thin you summarised it pretty spot on Em7 [thumbup]

"Might be a good time to take a couple weeks off the forum and think about what and why you are posting here",

Danner wrote in the Is it my imagination, , , thread. Not a bad statement and it made me put this idea together. I kind of know why I'm reading and writing here. Haven't thought too much about it, I just feel I know : To learn about and be in contact with acoustic Gibsons (obviously) – to help others who might need a hint on topics I happen to cover – to experience interesting exchanges with other Forumites – to sometimes drive down peculiar, clever, scientific, slightly weird, unexplored paths on that account – and to have fun.

How about you. Does anyone feel like sharing. It could be a way for the different members of the Board (us all) to stick a jigsaw-puzzle together and turn a light on things.

Well, admit I'm not sure – maybe I'm too square (shouldered) here.

Archived