Gibson Brands Forums

Epi Galaxie 10

DaveToo

I have an Epi Galaxie 10 combo that I bought about two years ago. I've since had a computer meltdown about a year ago and lost the info I saved about it. The old preamp tube (was re-tubed with 12aV7 before I got it), was replaced with a new one (I think NOS 12AY7) by me as I thought the amp was a little too harsh for my tastes. The change was very much to my liking. But I had also found a schematic somewhere of the amp.

Now that I've finally recovered the HDD (more important stuff happening at the time of course), I can't find that file, only one for the 25W version... don't know which one of many, MANY files the specs and such on the 10W version is hidden on and can't find any schematic for it. :(

I looked casually around the Epi and Gibson sites and couldn't find anything.

Does anyone know where I might find that schematic and/or specs?

Well... I'll answer my own question here. I had a sudden insight and managed to find the schematic. :-)

If anyone needs it, I have it in pdf and photoshop formats (could save it as jpg if somebody needed it).

And... the original (from factory) preamp tube was a 12AX7WA, now 12AY7, which is better than the 12AV7 that had been put in it imho. The original power tube was (is?) a 5881/6L6WGC.

Thanks anyway guys. I'll probably hang around and see what I can pick up. ;)

Welcome to the forum DT and thanks for posting this. From what I've seen the Galaxie amps are pretty rare and info is sketchy, so good to have the tube list on the forum.

If there's a website that has the schematic, post a link and Animalfarm will add it to the DIY section for future reference.

Archived