Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TinyBabyBrandon

SG's in action!

Hi guys,

I thought it would be fun to check out everyone's sweet guit-fiddles doing what they do best, melting faces and totally rocking out! I thought I'd start it off so here's clip of my 30th anniversary SG Custom doing some rocking in the studio with my band. There's also some pretty sweet violin going on in here as well. there are some overdubs, but it's all SG, baby!

Hiya that sounds great nice sound, love the guy rocking out in the background behind the violinists and also the tech guy rocking along too, priceless :)

Great job

Cheers

There's a clip in my sig of my 2006 SG Standard along with a 2004 fender strat live during one of my bands gigs covering The Jack, The SG was used for leads

Cool cover, enjoyed it [thumbup] And with some original lyrics [biggrin]

Here a song i made a while ago,Whats going on

Here's mine. This is my '76 SG Standard. If you believe the story, this was originally a promo guitar given to John Cipollina by Gibson that was sold through his brother Mario 34 years ago to the guy I bought it from. It was later modified by Larry Craigg to add the 3rd pickup. It's got a 490R, Classic 57, and a 498T in it. The amp is a JVM 410H and the speaker is an Avatar G212 Vintage Custom (closed back) with a pair of Hellatone 60's.

We don't usually play covers, but just recently added this to the set list (with some changes). There's closeup shots of the SG around 4:30. http://youtu.be/8ST0q7CEptM

Mark

Hi guys,

I thought it would be fun to check out everyone's sweet guit-fiddles doing what they do best, melting faces and totally rocking out! I thought I'd start it off so here's clip of my 30th anniversary SG Custom doing some rocking in the studio with my band. There's also some pretty sweet violin going on in here as well. there are some overdubs, but it's all SG, baby!

Outstanding!! Love the fiddle, too!

thats a COOL tune man !!! Love it, love the violin on that too !! what amp are you using ??

Thank you sir! I'm using a clone of a Fender Pro Reverb amp. 40 watts all PTP hand wired. And for distortion an old army green Russian tall letter Big Muff. The amp has since been replaced with an original Fender Pro Reverb, which sounds better!