Gibson Brands Forums

Getting a Gibson Les Paul Goldtop for christmas so im 13 and a intermediate player. And is it a fake?

FenderGuy1

I see the Goldtop has already gone over double the amount as expected.

But yeah it does look legit although personally it is missing a few key details, but you can always ask the seller to either post the pics you wish to see.

e.g back of the headstock, the cert of authenticty, the guitar case itself.

With the amont of imitation Gibson Les Pauls about, one needs to be wary buying without knowledge and inspecting the instrument in person.

are you IMISSSTEVIERAYVAUGHAN on the Fender forum??

This was my first thought after reading the title, before I even opened the thread. I suppose we could be wrong, maybe I'm getting too cynical.

Good luck on getting an LP Nathan. I'm waiting for my first to get dilivered next week.

That goldtop les paul studio tribute is real. If you find another you like online contact Gibson customer service, we will help to id a fake vs authentic.

• 1 month later...

Rather than being materialistic and pouting over not getting the guitar you should be glad for your aunt and the fact that she's financially independent enough to buy her own car.This is the time of year for giving,think about what you can give to an aunt who thinks enough you to even consider buying you a Les Paul.Be thankful for the wah wah-it's an awful lot more than many young folks will be getting.Go out now and buy something nice for the aunt who obviously thinks a lot about you.

Archived