Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson CJ165 Rosewood in VIntage Burst f/s

Rick Garrett

I hope this isn't one of those deals you kick yourself for later on.

This was the guitar that I said I would never put up for sale. So, let that be a lesson to me to never say never.

This Vintage Burst CJ165 I bought right off the wall of my local music store. It outsung every Gibson and Martin they had in the lockup room so once I played it, it never got hung back on the wall. I recently fell in love with a Martin J40 so the wife said one of the guitars must go or I can go and take all of my guitars with me. Every one at the store wanted to buy this one. This guitar plays and sounds fantastic. I had a pro install Colosi FW Ivory saddle and it also has a really nice set of Ivory abolone inlaid bridge pins. I also bought an Ebony wood arm rest for the guitar as well to keep the smudging to a minimum. It has the Fishman pickup system installed at the factory with a volume wheel just inside the sound hole. I've had the guitar about 8 months or so I guess. Been gigged with a few times and lovingly played everyday since I brought it home. No dings I could find but does have a minimum of surface scratch's that are too small to photo. Probably could be polished right out. Comes with the Gibson hard shell case it came in. You can look the model up online to see what they sell new for. I'll take $1575 in a US Postal Money order and that includes shipping packing and insurance anywhere in the good old USA. I've bought and sold a good many guitars here on this forum and have been honest with everyone I've sold. This guitar truly is a special guitar and whoever ends up with it will know it at first strum. Email rickgarrett@suddenlink.net for pics. Will try to get the pics posted to a hosting site tonight. Thanks

Rick

Archived