Gibson Brands Forums

ZZ Guitars - Non Invasive Bigsby

irishdazzler

No, I haven't tried one.......It's NOT a new idea at all......Look up the "Vibramate" systems.....Myself, I prefer the solid contact with the guitar

for better tone and sustain......ie, a B5 screwed directly into and thus full wood body contact....However, his Tele system looks great..........

Thanks Damian,

but the system works OK I'm guessing?

the fact that its not screwed to the body doesn't mean that its more likely to go out of tune more quickly or anything? its purely a tone differentiator?

the tele system does look good!

dont agree with folks that think a Bigsby is oversized for non archtops

Ah !!!!! No tuning problems with the regular systems, or the Vibramate systems......I'm positive his are outstanding as well..........

I'm a recent Bigsby fanatic......I'm hoping to put Bigsbys on at least 12 of my guitars...They are stable, look great, and add sustain and mass......

His website was down when I checked it.....I wanna know his pricing...Looks like he changes out the roller bar to a heavier bar.....[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .......

I like that Vibramate system too.

so that just provides fitting points for a B5 - and that will fit both a Les Paul and an SG?

sounds pretty good to me.

thanks for the amplified parts link too - sadly, im UK based, so ill be looking through ebay!

• 2 weeks later...

I've seen the ads on the ZZ system--in my opinion, the Vibramate looks like a better system, but I haven't tried either one. Vibramate also has a device called a Spoiler, which mounts onto the pins on the string axle and has slots to hold the ball ends of the strings. No more pre-bending a hook into the end of the string to get it to stay on the pin--what a concept!

Archived