Gibson Brands Forums

Brand Spankin' New SG

durtyDevil

Hi all! Well, after years of wanting a Les Paul I picked up a 2008 Traditional about a month or so ago. It was beautiful, but I just couldn't make friends with it, if you know what I mean. I realized it just wasn't what I wanted in sound or feel. I guess I'm not a Les Paul guy after all! So I was able to return it and pick up this 2007 SG Standard, and I am so happy I did! It feels right, looks right and most importantly sounds just right to me for the type of hard rock I play. What I love about the SG is how "punchy" it sounds; it has some balls to it and just feels perfect. Anyway, thought I'd share some pics with you.

I bought it at Alto Music in New York brand new for $1200 (after returning the Traditional, I had some left over and got a used Explorer as well; I'll post those pics in the other forum).

DSCF0528.jpg

DSCF0524.jpg

DSCF0526.jpg

Great looking guitar and you got a great price on it new!

Welcome to the naturalburst SG club, it's very exclusive and a lot of people envy us. ;-)

I'm curious, did you have your flash on in those photos? You should consider taking some outside, I am curious as to how light the guitar's finish actually is. I feel like the newer models are MUCH lighter and orange, without as much 'burst.

Archived